The National Fruit & Vegetable Alliance (NFVA) was a national alliance of public and private partners working collaboratively to increase nationwide access to and demand for all forms of fruits and vegetables for improved public health. The vision of NFVA was for fruits and vegetables comprise half of the food that Americans eat.
Preserving The National Fruit & Vegetable Alliance
Price of Meat believes in a future of eating less meat by eating better meat. We hope that people understand more about the meat they consume, cherish the traditions around the meat they consume, learn how to meat better, but also eat more fruits & vegetables!
The National Fruit & Vegetable Alliance did incredible work all through the 2000s building collaborations that we take for granted today (WIC & EBT at Farmer’s Markets!). They published report cards and studies that pushed state & the national government to act. The most highly publicized collaboration was with Michelle Obama’s Let’s Move campaign that raised awareness among a generation of children to both eat better and understand their food better.
The NFVA argued strenuously that people who consume generous amounts of fruits and vegetables as part of a healthful diet are likely to have reduced risk of chronic diseases and better weight control. Yet Americans are not meeting their consumption goals, despite years of efforts by government, nonprofit, and commercial organizations.
Unfortunately, the Alliance has become defunct in recent years. Price of Meat purchased & maintains the domain in hopes to re-establish the Alliance (please reach out if interested!). But until then, we’re maintaining access to NFVA’s 2010 report via the Internet Archive. Even though it is 11 years old now – the report is still highly relevant. Even though some trends have accelerated in recent years, others are further off-track than ever. In a time of public health awareness, we hope that eating well will become even more trendy & better than ever.
Explore More of the Price of Meat
The Price of Meat has a wide range of content that explores issues (like a climatarian diet, follows trends (like synthetic meat companies), educates DIYers & home cooks (on what a ball tip steak is or choosing a jerky slicer or a good meat storage container), and provides information about the world of healthy meat consumption (like reducing sodium in lunch meat). Explore some of our recent posts below!
- 5+ Delicious Reasons to Grill with Kingsford Flavored Charcoal
- 6+ Benefits of Having Your Own Dry Age Fridge
- 6+ Healthiest Bacons to Try Today
- 4+ Key Differences Between Steelhead and Atlantic Salmon
- 5+ Grades of Wagyu Beef: What’s the Difference?
- Different Grades of Beef and Which One to Choose for Maximum Flavor
- 6+ Best Places to Go Crabbing and Enjoy Delicious Seafood
- 7+ Delicious Recipes Featuring Fresh Florida Basa Fish
- 11+ Easy Steps to Smoking Perfect Pork Chops
- 11+ Delicious Ways to Enjoy the Taste of Mackerel
- 4+ Reasons to Get Excited About the Texas Blue Crab Season
- 4+ Halal Animals You Should Add to Your Grocery List
- 8+ Reasons Why Tri Tip or Brisket is the Perfect BBQ Choice
- 10+ Prime Cuts of Deer Every Hunter Should Know About
- 6+ Steps to Clean a Deep Fryer Quickly and Easily
- 10 Mouth-Watering Appetizers to Enhance Your Perfect Steak Dinner
- 10 WTF Statistics on the Impact of Meat on Global Warming
- 10+ BBQ Aprons You Need to Check Out For Grilling Perfection
- 10+ Benefits of Farm Raised Turkey for Your Next Meal
- 10+ Benefits of Owning a Freezer for Meat Storage
- 10+ Best Books on Curing & Smoking Meat
- 10+ Best Burger Seasoning Blends To Buy
- 10+ Best Cuts of Steak You’ll Want to Sink Your Teeth Into
- 10+ Best Expensive Cookware Brands for Deluxe Kitchens
- 10+ Best Fresh Corned Beef Brands for Better Cooking
- 10+ Best Inshore Saltwater Fish You Can Catch in Florida
- 10+ Best Low Sodium Barbecue Sauce Brands
- 10+ Best Meats for Smoking and Why They’re Ideal
- 10+ Best Old Bay Alternative Brands
- 10+ Best Rib Rubs To Buy for Incredible Meat
- Your Guide to Raw Shrimp: Taste, Safety, and More Explained
- Yellowtail: A Guide to Its Taste and Cooking Methods
- Yak Meat: A Guide to Taste, Cooking & Purchasing
- Wild Boar Meat: Exploring Its Unique Taste and Flavor Profile
- Why You Should Try Coconut Crab: A Guide to Its Flavor and Benefits
- Why You Need a Crawfish Boiler for Your Next Boil: 6+ Reasons
- Why Tomahawk Steak Costs More Than Other Cuts
- Why Tenderize Meat at Home? Tips and Tricks
- Why Is Spam So Salty? Here’s How To Make It Better
- Why Is Spam So Expensive? Here’s Why.
- Why Is Skirt Steak So Expensive? Is It Worth It?
- Why Is My Corned Beef Tough? 4+ Ways To Tenderize Corned Beef
- Why Is Ground Beef In The Tube Cheaper?
- Why Is Goat Meat So Expensive? Here’s Why.
- Why Is Beef Tongue So Expensive? Its Popularity Is On The Rise For Many Reasons