If you want to meal prep long-term, it’s essential to broaden your horizons past grilled chicken and steamed vegetables. Many people end up falling into a “meal prep” rut because finding recipes that last without being boring can be difficult.
Enter the home deli slicer, which completely changes the meal-prepping game. This simple tool can handle everything from homemade sub sandwiches to perfectly sliced meat for a quick snack.
We’ve scoured the internet to find the best home deli slicers backed up by real customers. Read on to find our top 10 picks and all about using a home deli slicer for meal prepping. We’ll also cover some frequently asked questions regarding home deli slicers.
10 Best Home Deli Slicers
Below are our top 10 picks for home deli slicers. We’ve sorted each deli slicer into a distinct category and laid out the key features of each appliance to help make it easier to choose.
Best Overall: Chef’sChoice Electric Meat Slicer
Our pick for the best overall home deli slicer is the Chef’sChoice Electric Meat Slicer. This product combines all the features that make the other slicers great choices, including a low price tag, aluminum/stainless steel materials, a safety lock, and versatility. The appliance also breaks down quickly when needed, which makes it safer to clean thoroughly.
The slicer has a ten-inch food tray that is slightly tilted. The tilt helps move food through quickly while slicing. The thickness range is excellent, and the slices come out very consistent. Compared to other slicers, the Chef’sChoice is relatively compact and slides out of the way on a counter easily.
Features We Love:
- High-quality and durable materials
- Consistent and quick slicing
- Easy to break down and clean
- Cast-aluminum and stainless steel slicer with gear-drive cool-running high-torque motor
- 7-inch multipurpose stainless steel blade slices from deli-thin to approximately 3/4-inch slices
- Tilted large-capacity food carriage and cantilever design provide fast efficient slicing
- Blade food carriage food pusher food Deflector and Thickness guide remove for easy cleaning safety fuse at the base of the slicer for power surges protection
- Included Components: slicer?pusher?tray
Best Budget Slicer (Under $100): FOHERE Meat Slicer
The FOHERE Meat Slicer proves you can get an excellent, high-quality deli slicer on a budget. Factoring in the money the appliance can save you on pre-sliced deli meat, this deli slicer is an even bigger deal.
The product features an easy-turn knob that helps you quickly and easily pick the ideal thickness for whatever you’re slicing. Since the slicer comes with two blades (one smooth and one serrated), you can easily cut a loaf of bread and deli meat in one session to create the perfect sandwich. The smooth blade is recommended for bread and the serrated blade for meat.
Features We Love:
- Compact design takes up less space
- Inexpensive kitchen appliance
- Works well with meat and bread
- 【UPGRADE PRO MEAT SLICER】Upgraded blade is sharper, stronger and more durable. Equipped with Two upgrade 304 stainless steel blades(serrated+non-serrated), which cuts cooked food and raw food more healthily, reducing the trouble of cross infection between raw and cooked food.
- 【200W POWERFUL】The updated electric food slicer is powered by a 200W fast, high-yield slicing power supply that is enough power and speed to cut almost anything, not only meat, jerky, but cheese, bread, and vegetables in a short amount of time, making it easy for you to quickly cook food at home.
- 【PRECISE SLICE】 Built-in thickness control knob can adjust around 0-15mm for vegetables, meat, roasts, bread, and more. The food slicer can help you to slice efficiently and easily with the precision you need. Makes your work in the kitchen easier.
- 【DURABLE & COMPACT DESIGN】The electric meat slicer is made of high-quality die-cast aluminum, which is durable, rust-proof and easy to clean. Compact design (15.74*9.84*9.84inch), ideal for most cabinets and tabletops at home, saving space.
- 【SAFETY PROTECTION】 Non-slip suction feet ensure this deli food slicer stay in place stably while you are operating. Food pusher also acts as a blade guard to help keep your fingers safe. Inner ON/OFF switch offers even more safety insurance. So you can use this slicer machine at home with confidence. (Blades run slower for better cutting results and better machine protection for longer machine life).
Best Budget Slicer (Under $150): CUSIMAX Electric Deli Food Slicer
The CUSIMAX Electric Deli Food Slicer is the perfect compact home deli slicer for any home chef. The appliance has a 200-watt electric motor that’s not too loud while in use. The slicer comes with two stainless steel blades: serrated and non-serrated.
This electric slicer is easy to use, and you’ll have a stack of sliced meat very quickly, thanks to the combined electric motor and drive belt, which helps move the food through the blade. The food tray has an extra guard that helps keep your counter clear of crumbs.
Features We Love:
- Serrated and non-serrated stainless steel blades
- Quick and easy slicing
- Raised food tray helps keep your counter clean
- [???? Different Thickness] - CUSIMAX 200W electric meat slicer adopted the high quality blade. Precise adjustable thickness from super thin to approximately 15mm thick for slicing various of food. It is great for cutting beef jerky, ham, deli sandwiches, charcuterie boards, cold cuts, hard cheeses, fruit, vegetable and bread, sliced fruits for dehydrating, party platters, appetizers and more.
- [???? Advanced Designn] - We adopt the most advanced bearing and belt drive structure for blade processing. The slicer operation requires no lubricant. Compared to the gear drives, more durable and easier to maintain and operate. It helps manage your work in the kitchen to be easier and more efficient.
- [???? Upgraded Version] - We understand that the slicer blade is one of the core components, so we paid a higher cost for the upgraded 7.5 inch stainless steel 420 cutting blade by a great, sharp workmanship, Equipped with two stainless steel blades of the serrated blade and a non-serrated blade,which helps you cut your food in an orderly manner and evenly without food being stuck.
- [???? Easy Clean & Safe] - CUSIMAX food slicer never worry about how to clean up the food hidden in it. Hidden track design and removable blade make it easy to clean the food slicer machine. The 4 pieces of silicone anti-skid sucking pads, fasten the machine, and safe to work.
- [???? Get Yours Now, No Risk] - We offer a outstanding 30-day hassle-free policy & 18-month promise. We assure you that no other food slicer beats our products' high-caliber quality & efficiency. All CUSIMAX products are covered by Product Liability Insurance of United States. For details, please refer to the instruction manual.
Best Commercial-Grade Slicer: BESWOOD Premium Electric Deli Meat Slicer
If you know you’ll be using your deli slicer daily; you may want to upgrade to a commercial-level slicer. This deli slicer is still rated for home use but includes some premium features that standard home deli slicers can’t live up to.
The product is larger than most home deli slicers, with a 10-inch blade diameter. The blades are also longer-lasting thanks to a chromium coating on the steel blades. Two sharpening stones are built into the appliance to keep the edges sharp without effort.
Features We Love:
- Professional quality for home use
- Built-in sharpening stones
- Large tray table and blade diameter
- Premium Chromium-plated Steel Blade with protection against corrosion
- There is no need to sharpen the blade frequently
- Double Illuminated ON/OFF Switch 24V to avoid power shock for best protection
- Slicing meat, cheese, veggies, ham, fruit precisely
- USA standard approved: ETL, NSF
Best Manual Slicer: Befen Manual Frozen Meat Slicer
If you’re not feeling the electric deli slicers, the Befen Manual Frozen Meat Slicer is our pick for the best manual slicer out there. The construction is solid, and you use it similarly to a paper cutter. The knife is adjustable, so you can get thick or thin cuts depending on your preference.
Unlike electric slicers, this appliance has no excess noise, and you don’t need any electricity to use it. Once you get the hang of it, you’ll be able to move quickly and cleanly. The slicer is advertised as the ideal tool for cutting hotpot meat, which is notoriously thin, so you can get excellent size variability on this slicer.
Features We Love:
- A traditional design featuring a single manual lever
- No noisy electric motor
- Fewer parts to clean than an electric deli slicer
- 1. This Befen Frozen Food Slicer eliminates one of the most time-consuming jobs in food prep. It helps to slice frozen meat, such as frozen beef, lamb, chicken, ham and fish into uniformed thin slices for different cuisines including shabu shabu hotpot, stir fry, Korean BBQ, sukiyaki, pizza topping, sandwiches or beef jerky for snack, without struggling with a butcher knife.
- 2. BENEFITS: Save Money on Buying Pre-sliced Food. If you regularly buy pre-sliced meats at the supermarket, with this meat slicer you can buy for example, a chunk of beef or lamb, then put it in the freezer overnight before slicing into thin slices - it works out about half the cost, comparing to pre-cut, and you’ll save a lot of money over a year, possibly even enough to pay for the machine.
- 3. ENHANCED STAINLESS STEEL: Upgraded since late 2019, we’re using 1.5mm thick stainless steel board to craft this product, 2 times thicker than other similar slicer on the market. This high quality stainless steel can stands more pressure, can be easy to clean and used for a long time when maintained properly.【Note: There might be slight scratches on the product, it happened during transportation, please rest assured the product is new】
- 4. Package includes: a set of the frozen meat slicer, a separate meat holder, 2 blades(1 installed), 10 meat bags, 2 suction cups, an allen wrench and the instruction manual. DIMENSION: 460mm*160mm*120mm (18.1'' * 6.3'' * 4.7''); Blade Length: 196mm (7.9''); Weight : 2.3kg; Thickness of the meat slice can be adjusted: from 0.2mm to 20mm. It’s recommended to slice thinly because the thinner the meat is, the easier for you have a clean cut.
- 5. NOTE: Please read the instruction manual and properly freeze the meat before using this product. There are detailed steps showing you how to prepare the ingredient and how to operate this product. If the meat is not properly frozen, it would be difficult to achieve a clean cut. If there's any question, please contact us from the product listing on Amazon.com and click seller "Befen" and click ask a question.
Best Safety Features: MIDONE Meat Slicer
All of the picks on our list have decent safety features, but the MIDONE Meat Slicer wins out thanks to its childproof lock, suction-cup feet, and easy-remove blade. The slicer has a childproof lock on the power switch, which ensures no one accidentally switches on the appliance.
The suction-cup feet ensure the appliance stays in one place while using it, and the easy-remove blade helps reduce the danger of handling a deli slicer blade. Removing the blade is essential for cleaning the appliance, so removing it as efficiently as possible helps consumers avoid accidents.
Features We Love:
- Childproof lock on the power switch for safety
- Easy-remove blade for safe cleaning
- Suction-cup feet for stability
- 200W Powerful Meat Slicer - The updated electric food slicer is driven by 200 watts of fast, high yield slicing power. The upgraded bearing module is more lubricated when working. Enough power and speed to slice pretty much anything. Not just meats, but cheeses, bread, and vegetables, giving you an all-purpose slicing machine when you need to quickly crank out meals.
- Two 7. 5’’ Stainless Steel Blades - Equipped with German high carbon stainless steel of the serrated blade and a non-serrated blade type. Cuts iron like mud! No rust, stains or pitting. The slicer cuts cooked food and raw food more healthily, reducing the risk of raw food to cooked food cross-contamination.
- Precise Adjustable Thickness - The supporting back plate makes the machine more stable when working. This food slicer has a built-in thickness control knob which can adjust the thickness to around 3/5-inch for vegetables, meat, roasts, bread, and more. It can help you slice efficiently and makes it easy to achieve the precision you want.
- Easy to Clean - Seamless and removable features make sanitation a breeze. Our removable ring-guard cover prevents debris buildup on cutting surfaces. The blade, food carriage, slide-rod extension and food pusher are removable, it allows for thorough cleaning and sanitation.
- Compact and Durable Design - The construction is solid cast aluminum, which should give you a long lasting and durable body that can take a lot of abuse. With a sleek, compact lightweight design, this deli slicer is small enough for most cabinets and countertops. 7*24 hours at your service 12-month worry-free shopping.
Best Small-Space Slicer: SuperHandy Collapsible Meat Slicer
When your kitchen is already full of appliances or lacking in space, it can be difficult to justify another bulky item to fill up counter space. The SuperHandy Collapsible Meat Slicer is the perfect option for people that need to balance the goals of fresh-sliced deli meat and saving space.
When not in use, the deli slicer is collapsible and folds into a small box that you can easily slip into a cabinet. To fold up quickly, the slicer is primarily made of plastic, so it may not be as durable as other options, but the blade is stainless steel.
Features We Love:
- Collapsible to help save space in the kitchen
- Works well with meat and bread
- Decent range of thickness adjust-ability
- CONVENIENCE; Quick collapsible sleek design, easy to carry/transport and folded up to store; The German Blade Stainless Steel Blade is powered by a 120VAC 60Hz 100 Watt Gear Transmission motor
- EFFICIENT DESIGN; The removable 6.7" (170.18mm) Stainless Steel German forged serrated Blade, by RSG Solingen for perfect performance; Recommended Duty cycle of 5 minutes on and 30 minutes off
- VERSATILE; Slicing through your salamis, meats, hard cheeses, fresh baked loaves of bread, and firm vegetables, has never been so fun, quick and easy; Capable of slicing a wide variety of foods from deli thin to 4/5" inches thick
- EASY TO CLEAN; The removable 6.7" inch blade, food carriage, food pusher and food deflector all remove easily for no hassle cleaning
- SAFE; The (7) Non-skip suction cup feet, provide ample sturdiness during use; In order to operate the slicer, you must press both the safety lock and power button simultaneously to start the machine, this feature promotes safe and proper operation
Best Versatile Slicer: Techwood Electric Deli Food Slicer
The Techwood Electric Deli Food Slicer is the best option if you’re looking for a slicer that can do more than just cut meat. This deli slicer can assemble an entire meal with bread, meat, veggies, and fruit with just one appliance.
This slicer has a fairly wide range of thickness, which makes it perfect for slicing extra-thin deli meat or slightly chunky veggie slices. Disassembling the appliance is relatively easy, which is important for cleaning, as you never want to cut raw meat followed by bread, fruit, cheese, or veggies.
Features We Love:
- Works well with meat, bread, cheese, fruit, and veggies
- Excellent range of thickness
- Easy to clean
- [MULTIPURPOSE] - Use your food cutter to easily slice deli style ham, turkey, roast beef, dried meat, cheese, bread, fruit, and vegetables right in your own kitchen. The food slicer is equipped with an adjustable thickness dial, allows you to adjust the thickness from super thin 1mm to approximately 15mm thick to meet your needs of high precision to slice different kinds of food.
- [SPACE SAVING DESIGN] - With a compact design can save your kitchen spacethis, this meat slicer is small enough for most cabinets and countertops; Perfect for both of personal or commercial use. As an excellent assistant, this food slicer allows you enjoy delicious food in camping, RV, holiday home, daily life or entertainment.
- [SAFE AND SMART] - Sturdy non-slip feet, blade safety guard and food pusher ensure that the food slicer will stay in place so you can keep a firm grip while operating; on/off switch offers added safety so you can cut safely for a customized, clean slice - every time.
- [EASY USE & EASY CLEAN] - With powerful 200-Watts AC motor and removable stainless-steel blade allow foods to glide through the slicer with ease; Hidden track design and removable blade make it easy to clean the food slicer machine. Removable and retractable 9" stainless-steel blade and die-cast aluminum housing are easy to clean. never worry about how to clean up the food hidden in it.
- [GET YOURS NOW, RISK-FREE] - Techwood offer a outstanding 30-day hassle-free return policy & 18-month promise. We assure you that no other food slicer beats our products' high-caliber quality & efficiency. Our products are all covered by Product Liability Insurance of United States. For details, please refer to the instruction manual.
Best-Reviewed Slicer: Anescra Meat Slicer
As one of the best-selling deli slicers among consumers, the Anescra Meat Slicer has many customer reviews to sift through. The reviews are overwhelmingly positive, and we agree with the majority opinion.
This product hits almost all of the great features we want in a deli slicer, as it’s got serrated and smooth blade options, is made with durable materials, has excellent safety features, and has a powerful electric motor. The adjustable thickness quickly produces thin slices that look like they were cut by a professional.
Features We Love:
- Powerful electric motor for quick and efficient slicing
- Made with durable materials
- Works well on meat, veggies, and cheese
- ✔ 200W Powerful Meat Slicer: The update electric food slicer is driven by 200 watts of fast, high yield slicing power. This is a highly versatile model, with enough power and speed to slice pretty much anything. Not just meats, but cheeses, bread, and vegetables, giving you an all purpose slicing machine when you need to quickly crank out meals.
- ✔ Two 7. 5’’ Stainless Steel Blade: We understand that the slicer blade is one of the core components, so we used the great, sharp workmanship stainless steel blade. Equipped with two 304 stainless steel blades of the serrated blade and a non-serrated blade(Kindly Note: When you received the package, the serrated blade is already installed on the meat slicer, and the non-serrated blade is included in the package), which cuts cooked food and raw food more healthily, reducing the trouble of using raw food and cooked food to cross-infection.
- ✔ Easy to Clean: Seamless and removable features make sanitation a breeze. Our removable ring-guard cover prevents debris buildup on cutting surfaces. The blade, food carriage, slide-rod extension and food pusher are removable, it allows for thorough cleaning and sanitation.
- ✔ Precise Adjustable Thickness: This food slicer built-in thickness control knob can adjust around 3/4-inch for vegetables, meat, roasts, bread, and more. It can help you slice efficiently and makes it easy to achieve the precision you want.
- ✔ Compact and Durable Design: The construction is solid cast aluminum, which should give you a long lasting and durable body that can take a lot of abuse. With a sleek, compact lightweight design, this deli slicer is small enough for most cabinets and countertops. Perfect for weekday lunch prep or crafting gourmet meals.
Best Luxury Slicer: Berkel Home Line 200 Food Slicer
If you’re looking for a deli slicer that is as pretty as it is practical, the Berkel Home Line 200 Food Slicer is the best option. The slicer has an 8-inch chrome-plated steel blade, a red aluminum body, and a 115-volt electric motor.
The slicer’s body and blade materials are incredibly durable, so you can expect this appliance to last for decades and decades without issue. The product also has an intuitive design that emphasizes safety, including separating the blade and food tray, a removable blade cover, and removable pieces that make cleaning easier.
Features We Love:
- Beautiful retro design
- Excellent safety features, including blade cover, food tray separation, and removable pieces
- Easy-to-clean material and removable electric cord
- Versatile slicing: Our food slicer slices a wide range of foods, including prosciutto, meat, cold cuts, fish, ham, cheese, bread, fruit, and veggies, making it a must-have kitchen tool for any home cook.
- Modern and elegant design: With its sleek and stylish design, our food slicer is sure to complement any kitchen décor, adding a touch of elegance to your countertop.
- Compact size: Our food slicer is small in size, making it easy to store and perfect for households with limited space.
- Special aluminum alloy structure: Making it both sturdy and lightweight for easy use.
- Food-grade aluminum blade cover: Ensuring your food remains safe and free from contamination.
What Is a Home Deli Slicer?
A home deli slicer (just like a good sausage stuffer) is a kitchen appliance that allows you to get deli-cut meat from the comfort of your kitchen. The appliance is a staple in sandwich shops and deli counters, but the home versions are smaller and easier to use.
Instead of using a knife to cut meat into thin slices, you can feed it through an electric slicer or place it under the lever of a manual slicer. The result is deli-style pieces of meat with a consistent thickness that are ideal for snack platters, charcuterie boards, sandwiches, and other meals.
What Should I Look for in a Deli Slicer?
The key things to consider when picking out your ideal deli slicer are whether you want electric or manual and that the slicer has high-quality materials, safety features, and degrees of versatility.
Electric vs. Manual
Most home deli slicers on the market nowadays are electric, likely because it’s the easier-to-use option. The electric slicers are consistent, quick, and easier to use than their manual counterparts.
However, if you like the idea of becoming a master deli slicer, you may like the simplicity and learning curve that comes with a manual slicer.
Most home deli slicers use a combination of metal and plastic pieces. High-end slicers typically have more metal components, and lower-end slicers may be primarily made of plastic.
Stainless steel is the best material to look for in kitchen appliances because it’s long-lasting, easy to clean, and durable.
Deli slicers have very sharp blades to achieve those ultra-thin slices. Because of this, the appliance must have safeguards in place to help protect the user. This usually comes in the form of blade guards, easy-release blades, and a safety shutoff.
Safety features are even more critical in electric deli slicers since the combination of a working motor, moving belt, and sharp blade can become dangerous quickly.
Since you can use a deli slicer for nearly any type of meat, it’s vital that you can adjust the thickness to suit your needs. For example, you might want paper-thin prosciutto slices but a slightly thicker setting for beefsteak.
An excellent deli slicer has settings that are easy to adjust without much effort. Many deli slicers also function as multi-food slicers to work with cheese or vegetables in addition to deli meat.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some frequently asked questions about home deli slicers.
Are deli slicers worth it?
If you’re constantly picking up pre-sliced deli meat from the store, the time and money saved with a deli slicer absolutely make it worth it.
Pre-sliced deli meat is expensive and for people who are meal-prepping, saving time by not visiting the grocery store is a significant draw. The quality of fresh-cut meat is also superior to pre-sliced meat you can buy at the store.
What is a good brand of meat slicer?
Our list of top ten picks includes some of the best-reviewed deli slicers out there. Most deli slices offered by commonplace kitchen brands are commercial-grade appliances that are generally too big and cumbersome for a home chef.
Some brands with the most positive reviews for home deli slicers are Chef’sChoice, Berkel, Anescra, and BESWOOD.
Can you cut raw meat with a deli slicer?
Yes, you can use raw or cooked meat with a deli slicer, but the key is ensuring the meat is cold or semi-frozen. If the meat is at room temperature, it will fall apart inside the slicer. If using raw meat, make sure to clean the appliance thoroughly before using it on any cooked food to prevent cross-contamination.
Semi-frozen/cold meat is ideal because the structure holds up better when slicing.
How do you store sliced deli meat?
You can store deli-sliced meat in an airtight container for three to five days in the fridge or one to two months in the freezer. That is the recommended storage time according to the USDA for fresh-sliced deli and lunch meat.
If you want your sliced deli meat to last as long as possible for meal-prepping, store it in the fridge as soon as you finish cutting it. Freezing it immediately after slicing helps preserve the fresh flavor.