Now, if you’re like me and you like keeping up with the trends, you probably already know that there’s a buzz around Blackstone grills. Blackstone grills are versatile, easy to use, and it is very convenient to own while hosting large events.
But Blackstone isn’t the only outdoor grill brand in the market. So I decided to investigate Blackstone grill alternatives and see what else is out there. Based on my research, I came up with this list of the six best alternatives.
You’ll be able to make a good comparison between brands and see which one might be best for your case. I’ve also gathered a list of the most frequently asked questions about the topic to keep you well informed.
I recently bought a house with a big backyard, so I’m on the market for a grill myself. I can’t spend a lot of money, but I want something decent. So my investigation was thorough.
I’m sure that you’ll be properly informed about outdoor grills after reading my guide and will be able to make the best decision.
Top 6 Picks on Blackstone Grill Alternatives
From Pit Boss to Little Griddle to Royal Gourmet, I’ve explored the best brands and compared them to Blackstone. Here are my conclusions.
1. Pit Boss
With their official slogan “No game day is complete without Pit Boss,” this grill might be your best pick when watching your most awaited sports games with your family and friends.
To start with, Pit Boss grills use fan-forced convection cooking that keeps the food moist and flavorful. Also, Pit Boss pellet grills have direct flame access that produces beautiful searing results which is all the meat and vegetable lovers could hope for. With Pit Boss, you have options from Wood Pellet grills to Ceramic Charcoal grills and smokers.
Additionally, in the year 2020, Pit Boss grew as one of the top-selling brands in the United States of America marking Pit Boss as the eighth fastest-growing brand in the home and garden category.
- Portable Gas Griddle
- 673 square inches of cooking area
- Proprietary non-stick armored ceramic cooking surface
- Five stainless steel gas burners
- 50,000 BTU
2. Camp Chef
We can’t deny that Camp Chef is one of the front runners in the grill markets today — and with great reasons.
Camp Chef grill’s low-maintenance grilling process provides you the chance to enjoy a cookout with very little effort given to cooking, which gives you the perfect chance to enjoy the event or your time with your loved ones. With the Wi-Fi features of Camp Chef grills, it is made possible for you to monitor the food that you are cooking and adjust the grill to your desired temperature without you getting up from your camping chair every five minutes.
Moreover, Camp Chef grills can hold more than 22 pounds of pellets which is more than enough to slow-cook your meal and bring out its tenderness and flavor. You can also adjust the smoke that you would want to assimilate in your cooking by modifying the smoke number in line with your liking.
- Includes flat top griddle & grill grate, True Seasoned Surface, non-stick & ready to cook
- Grease management system for easy clean up, Grease tray, catch bucket, and micro adjust griddle levelers
- Four 12,000 BTUs/Hr. stainless steel Burners, Matchless ignition system
- Two large folding shelves, Propane tank holder, Adjustable leg levers
- Griddle Cooking Surface: 604 sq. in., Grilling Cooking Surface: 501 sq. in., Overall Unit Dimensions: 62.5" 37" x 22" Weight: 142 lbs.
3. Little Griddle
Producing durable, easy-to-clean, and well-made grills and grilling equipment, Little Griddle encourages you to “Cook like you mean it.” With 20 years of manufacturing experience, Little Griddle has produced countless ceramic and stainless steel grills that allow consumers to make great food for the people they care about the most, anytime and anywhere.
That said, Little Griddle stainless steel grills have a full-width grease well and generous sidewalls. This also comes with underside cross-bracing that advances even heating on the food you are making. Also, these stainless steel grills have removable handles that allow for easy movement and fast cleaning.
- Enhanced cooking efficiency: The even distribution of heat across the cooking surface helps to optimize cooking efficiency and reduce cooking times.
- Specially designed grease trough prevents flare-ups and keeps your cooking surface clean.
- Side walls help keep food on the griddle and prevent spills and splatters.
- High-quality construction: Made from 100% restaurant-grade stainless steel, this product is durable and long-lasting.
- Designed to fit almost any gas grill, providing versatility and convenience; Dimensions: 18.0 W x 13.0 D x 3.0 H inches
4. Weber Grills
Weber Grills have been manufacturing classic yet sustainable grills since the 50s and since then they grew from their staple kettle grills to charcoal, electronic, wood pellet, and smart grills that consumers want today.
You can choose from heavy-duty grills to accommodate parties and crowds to lightweight grills that are portable and convenient for camping and family outings. Additionally, one of the winning points of Weber grill is its “smart grill” technology.
The smart grill technology was introduced to the market in the year 2020, what it does is assists the one grilling the food when to flip and serve the food being prepared. You can also set the cooking time to your preferred doneness so that the Weber app can notify you of the step-by-step cooking process as well as provide a countdown to achieve your meal. Lastly, with the use of smart grill technology, you can have access to a vast collection of delicious recipes that you can follow.
- Scrambled, cheesy eggs with crisp bacon, toasted Italian paninis and juicy smashed burgers with caramelized onions are just the beginning of what you can create on your Weber Griddle. Featuring a specially engineered 3-burner system, this high-performance griddle is designed to provide fast, even heat from edge-to-edge.
- HIGH HEAT: 3-burner system generates 36,000 BTUs for fast, even, edge-to-edge heat reaching over 500°F—perfect for cooking a salmon filet or a batch of burgers.
- EASY CLEAN: Out-of-the-way corner grease chute and high-capacity, front-access grease tray prevents spills and splatter, making cleanup a snap.
- QUALITY MATERIAL: Durable, aluminized steel cookbox construction prevents corrosion and supports longevity of the grill.
- TOOLS WITHIN REACH: 2 sturdy side tables provide 410 sq. In. of workspace for prepping and serving, while 4 hooks keep spatulas and other tools handy.
5. Traeger Grills
Traeger Grill produces high-quality grills that are versatile and convenient to use. With their “set it and forget it” controls, grilling food with a Traeger Grill is said to be as easy as using an oven. Moreover, you can maintain a consistent temperature and circulate smoke and heat evenly without any troubles, because of this, you can expect great flavored and even cooked meals.
Though Traeger grills may come off as a little pricey to the market, they can ensure that you get your money’s worth with their craftsmanship, premium materials, customer service, and great technology.
- Pre-seasoned, ready to use
- Cast iron cooks fast & evenly
- Reversible for dual functionality
- Easy grip side handles
- 19.5" x 9.25" Wt: 7.5 lbs
6. Royal Gourmet
Last but not least, one of the best Blackstone grill alternatives you could have, is the Royal Gourmet Grill. It’s a relatively recent company, founded in 2015, but don’t let that fool you. With care, taste, and innovation as their top priority, Royal Gourmet makes sure to produce grills that are not only made with reliable quality but are also affordable to the market.
Royal Gourmet grills are sturdy with an easy-to-control temperature that allows you to manage the cooking process quickly and easily. Their top-of-the-line grills have a rotisserie kit that allows you to roast a whole chicken and a 14,000 BTU sear burner to cook juicy steaks.
Their side burner is very convenient for cooking side dishes. Otherwise, you’ll have to use your kitchen cooker, which makes it harder to control everything.
- PORTABLE AND CONVENIENT: Portable and easy to carry. With sturdy feet for enhanced stability, this table top grill is perfect for small outdoor cooking events, like camping and tailgating, fueled by 20 lb. propane tank (not included) with hose and regulator (included).
- FAST HEATING: Three separately controlled burners offer an overall of 25,500 BTU cooking power, while integrated piezo ignitor provides instant ignition featuring by the simple push of a button.
- SPACIOUS COOKING SURFACE: This tabletop grill comes with 312 sq. in. cooking surface.
- QUICK ASSEMBLY: No more worries about complex assembly before grilling, so you'll start cooking journey in no time.
- NO FUSSY CLEANUP: Removable, slide-out grease cup collects oil residue while cooking, and is easy to clean up after use. Griddle top is also detachable for washing.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
If you still have questions left unanswered, check the list below.
1. What grill is comparable to Blackstone?
Based on the features, capabilities, quality, and pricing, Camp Chef Grill is the closest comparable grill to Blackstone Grill. That is why both of these brands are front runners in the outdoor grill market. Also, according to other outdoor grilling enthusiasts, even some of the Blackstone grill and Camp Chef Grill models have undeniable similarities.
The difference solely depends on your personal preference upon purchasing grill units from both Blackstone and Camp Chef.
2. Is Blackstone really the best griddle?
The term “best” for consumers is completely subjective to your liking, however, if you’re asking if you can get your money’s worth and more with Blackstone griddle, then the answer is Yes.
There are many uses for the Blackstone griddle, you can work on it in preparing any meal of the day, from breakfast to lunch, and dinner. Also, the space of the Blackstone griddle can cater to your needs no matter if you are cooking for yourself or for a crowd of people.
Equally, with proper handling, you are also less likely to burn your food when using a Blackstone Griddle because there is little to no possibility of flare-ups. Plus, cleaning the Blackstone griddle is very easy to do, especially with their patented rear grease management system.
3. Is Pit Boss or Blackstone better?
There are a number of qualities that differ between Pit Boss and Blackstone, some consumers prefer Blackstone over Pit Boss and vice versa. Upon deciding which of the two are you going to pick to complete your outdoor kitchen, you can always rely on your personal taste and needs.
But to help you do that, you can review the list of Pit Boss and Blackstone’s significant qualities below to help you get the overview.
Why Pit Boss?
- Pit Boss makes the best pellet grills.
- Pit Boss’ grill opening system allows you to cook with direct or indirect heat.
- Pellet Barbeques offers 8-in-1 cooking versatility which means the Pit Boss pellet grills can be used for smoking, baking, braising, roasting, grilling, barbecuing, barbecue, high-temperature grilling, and browning.
- Pit Boss grills have ‘side shelves’ that you can use to store grilled food.
- Pit Boss caters to affordability compared to other pellet grill manufacturing brands.
- Blackstone grills sport a large cooktop.
- Blackstone grills allow you to adjust the heat and create independently controlled cooking zones.
- Blackstone grill is a great start for those who are beginners in grilling because its setup is easy to understand.
- You don’t need to stress after cooking because the Blackstone grill is also easy to clean.
- With Blackstone grills, you are less likely to encounter flare-ups.
Then again, there are many more pros and cons that come with Blackstone grills or Pit Boss That is why upon choosing, it all comes down to your preference, budget, and needs.
4. Are Blackstone griddles unhealthy?
No, Blackstone griddles are not unhealthy. In fact, Blackstone griddles are specifically designed for high-heat cooking which cooks your food quickly to lessen vitamin and mineral loss, as well as add flavor to typically bland food in order for you to avoid using too much sodium or other unhealthy seasonings.
Additionally, compared to deep frying and grilling your food directly toward the heat, Blackstone griddles are your healthiest option. It prevents you from consuming cancer-causing and high-cholesterol compounds.
However, keep in mind that your process of cooking and your way of handling your food contributes a lot to how healthy the end result is going to be, so make sure to pick healthy ingredients, follow healthy recipes, and avoid burning the food.