There is literally no limit to the seasonings you can add to make chicken delicious. This blank slate effortlessly accepts everything from bold, aromatic spices from Asia to a simple blend of salt, pepper, and herbs.
This limitless approach to seasoning chicken may liberate your creative imagination while cooking. Or this idea may immobilize you with fear!
For those who like more structure in the kitchen, the best store-bought chicken seasoning options take the guesswork out of seasoning chicken legs, breasts, and thighs (or gizzards!).
Take a trip around the world with our top 10 best store bought chicken seasoning brands to try.
Chef Merito Chicken Seasoning Powder
This West Coast chicken seasoning brand boasts nearly 40 years of producing a variety of seasonings.
While many of Chef Merito’s products lean into Latin American flavors, the chicken seasoning powder from this brand provides a delicious, all-purpose poultry seasoning for any recipe.
Chef Merito offers a huge library of recipe suggestions on its website. Use chicken seasoning in chicken salad, chicken wings, and chicken tacos.
Look for Chef Merito’s products in grocery stores on the West Coast only. If you are located elsewhere, you can also purchase Chef Merito’s full line of seasonings via the website.
Weber Kick ‘N Chicken Seasoning
This entry in the best store-bought chicken seasonings offers a bit more spice than an all-purpose chicken seasoning.
The secret to this seasoning’s kick is the blend of citrus and spice within this tasty spice mix.
Toss a perfectly-balanced combination of red pepper flakes, garlic, paprika, and orange peel to take your grilled chicken breasts or chicken noodle soup to the next level.
Weber Seasoning, Beer Can Chicken
Beer can chicken took the home cooking world by storm, offering a quirky and delicious way to grill or roast a whole chicken.
Insert a beer can into the chicken’s open cavity and arrange the chicken pointing up on the grill. Slowly roast the bird until the beer’s flavor infuses into the meat. The alcohol will also perfectly tenderize the chicken.
Beer can chicken features delicious, layered flavors. However, the procedure can be cumbersome and difficult.
Mimic the tasty flavor profile of beer can chicken with Weber’s wonderful seasoning mix. Lemon peel and a bouquet of herbs make a yummy and hearty dinner.
McCormick Perfect Pinch Rotisserie Seasoning
Rotisserie chicken holds a flavor that is difficult to replicate. The slow roasting, constantly-turning set-up of a rotisserie cooker ensures an even cook all over the bird.
Rotisserie chickens are not only convenient for home cooks, but also tender and juicy every time.
If you want to mimic the rotisserie flavor at home, there is no better way than McCormick Perfect Pinch Rotisserie Seasoning.
McCormick, like Weber, represents a major seasoning brand in the United States. Look for this chicken seasoning at any grocery store, big box store, or wholesale retailer.
Spice Islands Poultry Seasoning
The Spice Islands brand quickly became a go-to seasoning for home cooks. Like other spice blends on this list, Spice Islands products are also easily found in most grocery stores.
However, Spice Islands represents an elevated brand of seasonings, with high-quality, exotic, and tightly-curated ingredients.
Spice Islands Poultry Seasoning gives you an efficient way to infuse excellent flavor into your best chicken dishes. This best store bought chicken seasoning blend features
- Black pepper
- Celery seed
Instead of spending the money on all of these individual ingredients, the Spice Island blend expertly combines all of these herbs.
Spices can expire in as little as a year, so mixtures like poultry seasonings are a budget-friendly way to harness the benefits of these wonderful herbs.
Bells All Natural Seasoning
A staple for home cooks on the East Coast, Bells All-Natural Seasoning delivers a signature flavor many can’t live without.
This seasoning has become a nostalgic favorite for holiday stuffings, homemade soups, and other comfort foods for generations.
Like Spice Islands, this seasoning blend features several herbs, like oregano, rosemary, sage, thyme, and marjoram. Spices like ginger and pepper appear for this best brand of store-bought chicken seasoning.
This seasoning blend is harder to find outside of the Atlantic Coast. Search for Bells All Natural Seasoning on large online retailers if you’re far from New England.
Lawry’s Perfect Blend Chicken Rub And Seasoning
The name Lawry’s evokes certain feelings for home cooks everywhere. This brand’s iconic seasoned salt remains a pantry staple for many.
The Lawry’s seasoning empire is so powerful there is even a restaurant chain and special fan club.
For Lawry’s Perfect Blend Chicken Rub and Seasoning, a huge list of seasonings makes up this signature blend.
Herbs like rosemary, thyme, and parsley join flavorful spices like paprika, celery seed, and turmeric. Red bell pepper, garlic, and onion make this robust seasoning blend perfect for chicken and a variety of other proteins.
Sur La Table Tuscan Herb Rub
When it comes to the best in home cooking, some people feel the Italians know how to do it better than anyone.
This Tuscan Herb Rub from specialty store Sur La Table combines classic Italian herbs and spices into a flavorful herb rub for chicken. Find this seasoning mix at Sur La Table’s elegant stores or shop online.
This mix combines garlic, rosemary, oregano, and pepper into a robust rub, perfect for when you’re making a whole roasted chicken.
As one of the best store-bought chicken seasonings, this packs a punch. Only two teaspoons will cover all of your seasoning needs.
El Mexicano Pollo Asado Seasonings
If you’re looking for the best store-bought chicken seasoning with Latin flair, El Mexicano Pollo Asado Seasonings is it.
This brand is well-known and beloved by customers in Latin countries, which helps boost its good reputation and makes it easy to find in grocery stores.
The signature flavor of this store-bought chicken seasoning is turmeric, with garlic, onion, and sugar added. El Mexicano suggests sprinkling this seasoning on strips of chicken before grilling and serving in tortillas for easy chicken tacos.
Frequently Asked Questions about Store Bought Chicken Seasoning
The world of the best store-bought chicken seasoning is wide and potentially intimidating to new home cooks. Gain more answers to frequently asked questions below.
What spices pair well with chicken?
Chicken remains one of the most popular proteins, for its versatility and mild flavor. Spices from every global culinary style pair equally well with chicken.
Rosemary from France, curry from India, and chiles from Mexico all taste delicious when paired with chicken.
With what seasoning do you season chicken?
Salt and pepper are necessary seasonings every time you cook chicken. Try minced onion, garlic, parsley, and cumin for a straightforward homemade chicken seasoning.
How do you get seasoning to stick to chicken?
As you prepare to cook chicken, each thigh, wing, or breast will be coated in a cooking oil of some kind.
Whether you decide to cook with butter or oil, it will cover the outside of the chicken. As you begin to season, make sure you apply the cooking oil first to help seasonings stick to the chicken.
These best store-bought chicken seasoning brands deliver a wide range of flavors to the pounds of succulent, irresistible cuts of chicken we eat each year. Easily experiment with new flavors with these perfectly-balanced seasoning blends.
- FLAVORFUL BLEND: McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Seasoning offers vibrant flavors for exceptional recipes with an unmatched, made-from-scratch taste; robust with a kick of spice
- HIGH QUALITY SEASONING: Features a delicious blend of ingredients such as paprika, black and red pepper, onion and garlic; premium herbs and spices offer bold flavor you can see and taste
- MADE FOR CHEFS: Adds consistent execution to your kitchen and bold flavor to your menu; pre-blended mixture saves time and ensures your recipes always taste like you expect them to
- VERSATILE: A versatile and gives meat and seafood a zesty punch of flavor; this blend is intended for chicken, but it pairs exceptionally well with other meats, too; try it with vegetables and grains
- FEEL GOOD INGREDIENTS: Kosher with no MSG added, Montreal seasoning comes in a 23-ounce size perfect for easy recipe customization; enjoy exceptional flavors from authentic ingredients
- We’ve got something TO crow about! Chicken shit is the seasoning designed especially for chicken!
- This ain’t the same herbs and spices The fat man in the white suit uses; this is so much better!
- Chicken shit is guaranteed to produce the juiciest, most succulent chicken imaginable.
- No matter how you prepare your poultry, chicken shit will bring out the best of the Bird.
- Features a blend of natural flavors and seasonings, including garlic and rosemary
- Perfectly sized bottle for professional chefs or feeding a crowd
- Great for chicken and poultry
- Can be used for grilling, broiling, roasting and baking
- Also pairs well with ground beef for burgers
- Perfect Pinch Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning is a savory seasoning for chicken
- A blend of onion, spices and garlic
- For slow-roasted flavor and a golden appearance without using a rotisserie
- For whole chicken, chicken parts, salmon, pork and chicken salad
- Gluten free; no MSG added
- Zesty blend of garlic, onion, black and red pepper, and paprika
- Brings bold flavor to chicken, pork, seafood and vegetables
- Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Seasoning is made with McCormick spices
- Value-priced Super Deal seasoning contains 2.5X more than our 2.75-oz. size
- Shake 1 tbsp. Montreal Chicken Seasoning per 1 lb. chicken
- Great Tasting Cooking Seasoning: Featuring citrus and black pepper flavors
- Compatible Meat/Proteins: The perfect BBQ rub to complement your chicken creations
- Easy Storage: Rub comes in a stackable aluminum tin container
- Kosher, Gluten Free, and GMO Free
- Made in USA
- Pantry essentials: Our 7.5oz plastic bottles are filled with a premium blend of Nashville Hot Chicken Seasoning.
- Fine grind: Perfect as a stand-alone seasoning or a contributing flavor to your custom southern spice blends.
- Versatile uses in the kitchen: Best when used in a chicken dish, but also delicious in a sour cream or mayo dip, on vegetables, potatoes, salads, or any of your favorite dishes that need a spicy kick.
- A gourmet flavor: Experience the savory excellence of commercial kitchens at home with the convenience of our ready-to-go bottles.
- Sealed for freshness: Our spice bottles are guaranteed to arrive at your door fresh & ready to be used immediately.
- Chef Merito Chicken Seasoning, 14 Ounce (Pack of 2)
- Great for making rotisserie chicken
- No artificial colors
- Recipes on bottle