This guide will help narrow down the best pulled pork rubs to buy for your home BBQ experiments.
Based on our own staff’s experience, in-depth research in premium trade subscriptions, and crunching publicly available user reviews, we’ve curated the thousands of options on the market for a few that fit each typical use.
Whether you are looking for a new and different pork recipe or classic for a pulled pork sandwich, a good pulled pork rub can take your BBQ to the next level without the fuss of making your own. Here are the details for all the best pulled pork rub options.
Traeger Grills SPC171 Pork and Poultry Rub with Apple and Honey
- Great Tasting Cooking Seasoning: Features apple and honey flavors
- Compatible Meat/Proteins: The perfect BBQ rub to complement your pork or poultry creations
- Easy Storage: Rub comes in a stackable aluminum tin container
- Kosher, Gluten Free, and GMO Free. Sweet & savory flavors that pair perfectly with milder meats
- Made in USA
If you’re looking for the best pulled pork rub to buy, you’ll want to check out the Traeger Grills SPC171 Pork and Poultry Rub with Apple and Honey.
This seasoning is perfect for grilling and smoking meats, as it features sweet and savory flavors that pair perfectly with milder meats.
The rub comes in a stackable aluminum tin container, making it easy to store. It’s also kosher, gluten free, and GMO free. It also works well on pork skins.
Pork Barrel BBQ All American Seasoning Mix
- Give your food a gourmet smoky flavor by using the delectable Pork Barrel BBQ All American Seasoning & Rub (22 oz.)
- With this delicious BBQ dry rub, you can easily impart slow-cooked flavors in your meats and more, without actually having to cook them for hours.
- Tastes great on chicken, pork, beef, fish fillets, scallops, shrimp, veggies, chili and more!
- The Pork Barrel BBQ All American Seasoning is gluten, preservative and MSG-free.
- A delicious seasoning blend inspired by the great flavors of classic American barbecue and crafted by enthusiastic barbecue pit masters.
There are lots of different types of BBQ rubs out there, but not all will make your food taste great. One brand in particular that has been made with the best ingredients and is sure to give you a deliciously smoky flavor is Pork Barrel BBQ All American Seasoning Mix (22 oz.).
This seasoning blend was inspired by the flavors of classic American barbecue and crafted by enthusiastic pit masters. With this product, you can easily impart slow-cooked flavors into any kind of meat or other foods without actually having to cook them for hours on end.
You can also use it on chicken, pork, beef fillets, scallops, shrimp or veggies to get a delicious meal.
Lambert’s Sweet Rub O’ Mine Pulled Pork Rub
- World Championship Class BBQ Dry Rub, perfected by Mark Lambert, Three Time World Champion BBQ Pitmaster, taking Memphis in May in Pork Shoulder
- Sweet Rub O'Mine is his go to Dry Rub and it was designed for more than just pork.
- It contains the perfect balance of flavors that bring the results in your back ground or at your next competition.
- The rub that won the 2013 Memphis in May Grand Championship BBQ Team
- 12.5 Oz
If you’re looking for an award-winning pulled pork rub, look no further than Lambert’s Sweet Rub O’ Mine.
This dry rub was perfected by three-time world champion BBQ pitmaster Mark Lambert, and it’s been known to take home the top prize in pork shoulder competitions. It contains the perfect balance of sweet, savory, and spicy flavors, resulting in some of the most delicious pulled pork you’ve ever tasted.
So next time you’re firing up the grill or smoker, be sure to include Lambert’s Sweet Rub O’ Mine.
Texas Style Pork BBQ Rub by RubWise
- Barbecue Spice Blend for Pork Lovers - use it to season every pork cut; once you're done seasoning your hog use this blend for Steaks, Burgers and Potatoes.
- Robust Flavor Like No Other - This rub has a rich and full flavor with no heat, a balance of brown and white sugars and other spices that slowly caramelize during the cook.
- Curated for Smoking ang Grilling - We have partnered with top chefs from around the state to curate authentic Texas style rubs so you can experience bold flavors from all parts of Texas.
- Made in the USA - All seasonings are manufactured and packed daily on-site at our facility in Texas using the highest quality of ingredients to guarantee freshness and quality you can trust. Comes with a nice packaging and can easily be gifted to friends and relatives who love to smoke and grill.
- Perfected by Experts - The RubWise team has produced original spice rubs for numerous championship cook-off winners throughout Texas giving us the expertise to deliver you what works.
RubWise is a company that produces authentic Texas style rubs. Their team has experience in making spice rubs for championship cook-offs winners throughout Texas.
The Texas Style Pork BBQ Rub is one of their most popular blends. It has a robust and full flavor, with no heat. This rub is perfect for seasoning pork cuts, but can also be used for steaks, burgers, and potatoes.
It’s made in the USA with all seasonings manufactured and packed on-site daily to guarantee freshness.
Pit Boss Pulled Pork Rub
Pit Boss is one of the most popular rubs for pulled pork. It is a sweet and smoky mix that gives your pork that perfect flavor every time.
If you are looking to buy a rub for your pulled pork, Pit Boss is definitely a good option. It is affordable and easy to find, and it will give your pork that delicious flavor you are looking for.
Jack Daniel’s 01760 BBQ Original Quality Pork Rub
- Adds a burst of spicy sweetness to ribs, pork chops, pulled pork, or any pork entrée that perfectly complements all of the Jack Daniel’s Barbecue Products
- Pork rub that adds a spicy, sweet flavoring to smoked or grilled ribs, pork butt, or any other pork product
- Best used to season pork butts or other cuts of meat before smoking or grilling
- Gluten Free
- No MSG
The Jack Daniel’s 01760 BBQ Original Quality Pork Rub is one of the best on the market. It adds a burst of spicy sweetness to ribs, pork chops, pulled pork, or any pork entrée that perfectly complements all of the Jack Daniel’s Barbecue Products.
This pork rub is also gluten free and has no MSG. It’s great for seasoning pork butts or other cuts of meat before smoking or grilling.
McCormick Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork Seasoning
- Sweet and tangy blend of brown sugar, garlic and chili pepper; authentic Texas-inspired flavor
- Convenient seasoning blend made with McCormick Spices
- USAGE TIP: Dinner is a breeze with McCormick Slow Cooker: 8 hours on low, 4 hours on high in the slow cooker. State of Readiness: Mix
- USAGE TIP: Meal is ready in approximately 60 minutes in your Instant Pot
- For a savory slow cooker meal, just add 1 seasoning mix packet per 3 lbs boneless pork shoulder
McCormick Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork Seasoning is a sweet and tangy blend of brown sugar, garlic and chili pepper.
This authentic Texas-inspired seasoning is perfect for grilling or smoking pork shoulder. The convenient seasoning blend is made with McCormick Spices, and can be used in the slow cooker or Instant Pot.
Porkosaurus World Championship BBQ Rub
- SWEET HEAT BBQ RUB – World Champion Memphis-style barbecue rub with the right amount of spices and bite. This Memphis rub contains little sugar to minimize the dark caramelization effect on ribs. Use as a rub seasoning for ribs, butts, poultry, sausage, potatoes and even veggies for the herbivore in your group.
- CONSCIOUS CARNIVORES – Porkosaurus bbq seasoning is made with gluten free ingredients, no MSG and No High Fructose Corn Syrup! You can even make healthy food taste amazing by making grilled vegetables, bbq potatoes, and and more. This savory spice also makes killer bacon & eggs
- VERSATILE DRY RUB SEASONING – Your go-to barbeque seasoning when you need that truly Memphis-style taste for your beef brisket, grilled steak, sweet chili BBQ salmon. Indulge in a unique, sweet-spicy taste on your grilled, sautéed or roasted meat.
- WORLD CHAMPION TASTE – This Memphis seasoning is one of a kind! We are a World Champion BBQ Team that has crafted sauces, spices & BBQ tools that allow everyone to be their own champion of the backyard.
- BAR-B-QUE TEAM MEMPHIS – Creating a Bar-B-Que addiction, one backyard at a time! Our savory dry rubs and sauces are crafted from our original recipes. You will not be able to get this sweet and spicy barbeque rub anywhere else.
The Porkosaurus World Championship BBQ Rub is a great choice for anyone looking for an amazing Memphis-style rub.
This rub contains little sugar, so it doesn’t produce the dark caramelization effect on ribs that some people don’t like. It’s also gluten free, MSG free, and has no high fructose corn syrup. This makes it a great choice for anyone looking for a healthy BBQ option.
The rub is also versatile, working great on beef brisket, grilled steak, and salmon. The Porkosaurus World Championship BBQ Rub is a must-try for any BBQ lover.
Bad Byron’s Butt Rub Barbeque Seasoning BBQ Rubs
- Used by championship barbequers, professional chefs, and backyard cooks everywhere
- Balanced blend of onion, garlic, salt, pepper, paprika and chipotle (smoked jalapeno)
- Outdoor flavor at it's finest
- A great all-purpose seasoning
Bad Byron’s Butt Rub Barbeque Seasoning BBQ Rubs is a balanced blend of onion, garlic, salt, pepper, paprika and chipotle (smoked jalapeno) that gives your food outdoor flavor at its finest.
This all-purpose seasoning is great for championship barbequers, professional chefs, and backyard cooks everywhere.
Meat Church Holy Gospel BBQ Rub
- One 14 Ounce Bottle of BBQ Rub
- The one rub you need for every cook; beef, chicken, pork, seafood vegetables and more! Gluten Free, No MSG
- This blend is great on ribs, chicken and beef!
Meat Church Holy Gospel BBQ Rub is one of the best rubs on the market. It’s gluten free and MSG free, making it ideal for any type of meat.
This BBQ rub is perfect rib rub but also works well for smoked pulled pork, chicken, and beef, and will give your food a smokey, delicious flavor.
How To Choose The Best Pulled Pork Rubs
There are a few considerations when choosing the best pulled pork rub. Here’s the primary ones to think about.
The first consideration is what type of meat you will be using the rub on. Pork is a popular choice for pulled pork rub, but you can also use it on beef, lamb, chicken, and turkey.
The next consideration is the flavor profile you are looking for. Do you want a sweet or savory rub? There are many variations of both types of rubs available on the market.
Another factor to consider is the spiciness of the rub. If you want a kick in your dish, make sure to choose a rub with some heat.
Finally, you’ll want to think about the ingredients in the rub. Some people prefer all natural ingredients, while others don’t mind if there are artificial flavors and preservatives.
FAQs about Pulled Pork Rubs
Here are some frequently asked questions about pulled pork rubs.
Should I dry rub pulled pork overnight?
You could dry rub the pulled pork overnight but if you are short on time, it is not necessary to do so. Just remember that the longer your rub sits with your meat before cooking, the more flavorful your pulled pork will be – don’t skip this step altogether.
How long can you leave a dry rub on pork?
You can leave a dry rub on pork anywhere from overnight to up to 3 days. The longer it is left on, the more intense the flavor will be. The main limit is food safety considerations.
What seasonings go well with pork?
Pork is a very versatile meat and can be paired with a wide variety of seasonings. Some of the most popular pork seasonings include: sage, rosemary, thyme, garlic, onion, black pepper, cumin and chili powder. Experiment with different combinations to find your favorite flavor combination.
How do you season pulled pork after cooking?
Try creating a well-seasoned BBQ sauce to rub on after cooking. You can also season sides or lighten your rub to create a “dusting” for the meat that gives it a kick without overwhelming the cooked meat.
So, you’ve decided to make some pulled pork. Good choice! Pork is a great meat for smoking or grilling, and it’s especially delicious when cooked low and slow.
The only problem is, what rub should you use? There are so many different options out there, it can be hard to know where to start. There’s definitely a traditional taste that we’ve included here, but don’t forget about international BBQ options like jerk sauce or Korean flavors.
We hope one of the options above fits your taste – but also view them as a convenient jumping off point to make your own!