This guide will help narrow down the best brisket rubs to buy for your next barbecue to get brisket that is both novel & classic.
Based on our own staff’s experience, in-depth research in premium trade subscriptions, and crunching publicly available user reviews, we’ve curated the thousands of options on the market for a few that fit each typical use.
Whether you are looking for a classic taste or something novel & experimental, there’s nothing like a good brisket rub for cooking or smoking at home. It goes well with both burnt ends from Brisket Point and classic Brisket Flat plus the trimmings.
Here are the details for all the best brisket rub options (many also work as rib rubs or pork rubs).
Meat Church Holy Cow 12 oz. BBQ Rub
Meat Church Holy Cow 12 oz. BBQ Rub is one of the best brisket rubs (and beef rub in general) on the market and one of our go-to’s for any barbecue project.
Meat Church Holy Cow 12 oz. BBQ Rub has a balance of sweet, tangy and spicy flavors that leave your mouth watering with every bite you take.
This beef brisket rub also provides a ton of flavor without being too salty, which is perfect for those who are watching their salt intake but still want to enjoy some delicious barbecue!
Killer Hogs BBQ TX Brisket Rub
Killer Hogs BBQ has been making a Texas Brisket Rub for over 10 years, shipping it across the United States and satisfying professional pitmasters, amateurs, backyard BBQ enthusiasts, chefs, and everyone in between. The rub is designed to provide a consistent and delicious flavor you can count on time and time again in addition to holding in some moisture.
- CHAMPIONSHIP BRISKET RUB - This rub is how you do Brisket, period. Developed and used by our award winning Killer Hogs Championship BBQ team, this rub makes you a brisket master.
- HIGHEST RATED RUB - We've been making this rub for over 10 years, shipping hundreds of thousands across the United States, and satisfying professional pitmasters, amateurs, backyard BBQ enthusiasts, chefs, and everyone in between
- DESIGNED FOR CONSISTENT RESULTS - We developed this TX Brisket Rub so you don't have to worry about seasoning your brisket. The Texas Brisket Rub provides a consistent and delicious flavor you can count on time and time again
- NO RISK AND NO HASSLE - For almost a decade, we have been delighting customers. If you are not satisfied with your purchase of any Killer Hogs product, please contact us and we'll gladly refund your money. That's it - no questions, no hassle, no risk.
- MADE IN THE USA - We pride ourselves in manufacturing all our products in the USA using the highest quality ingredients
John Henry’s Texas Brisket Rub
If you’re looking for a delicious and flavorful Texas Brisket Rub, look no further than John Henry’s Texas Brisket Rub. This rub is crafted by internationally known culinary and BBQ Master, John Henry, and it adds incredible flavor to anything – ideal for ribs, chicken, pork chops, brisket, and more. The rub can be used before, during, or after preparation and cooking, and it’s made in the USA.
2 Gringos Chupacabra Brisket Magic Seasoning
If you’re looking for an all-purpose brisket rub, look no further than 2 Gringos Chupacabra Brisket Magic Seasoning. This 25 oz bottle is perfect for back of house usage and recipe customization. All of our seasoning blends are deliberately packaged in larger bottles in order to allow ample room for shaking and mixing of the ingredients, this ensures the proper taste profile.
- 1 bottle of 25 oz seasoning with dual door spice cap
- One of the most widely used seasonings on the BBQ circuit and a main staple in kitchens all over
- Versatile enough to be used on any type of meat
- Our 25 oz is the ideal size for back of house usage and recipe customization
- All of our seasoning blends are deliberately packaged in larger bottles in order to allow ample room for shaking and mixing of the ingredients
Texas Style Brisket BBQ Rub by RubWise
If you’re looking to take your brisket BBQ skills to the next level, you need to try Texas Style Brisket BBQ Rub by RubWise. This award-winning rub is made with a blend of salty, sweet, smokey and savory seasonings, along with a hint of chipotle for an extra kick. It’s the perfect way to add tons of flavor to your brisket, and will make it taste like it came straight from Texas!
- EXPERIENCE AN AUTHENTIC TEXAN FLAVOR - This is the Championship Cook-off winning signature blend by RubWise; this authentic Texas recipe is a time-tested classic!
- NEXT LEVEL TX BRISKET BBQ SEASONING - This rub is a flavor packed dynamo that will take your brisket to the next level; you get salty, sweet, smokey and savory along with a hint of chipotle, that come together in a mouthwatering flavor packed bite.
- CURATED FLAVOR FOR SMOKERS AND GRILLERS - We have partnered with top chefs from around the state to curate authentic Texas style rubs so you can experience bold flavors from all parts of Texas. Guaranteed to satisfy professional or amateur pit-masters, backyard BBQ enthusiasts, cook, and anyone who loves to smoke and grill.
- ALL NATURAL INGREDIENTS, MADE IN THE USA - All seasonings are manufactured and packed daily on-site at our facility in Texas using only premium, natural ingredients to guarantee freshness and quality product you can trust.
- PERFECTED BY EXPERTS - The RubWise team has produced original spice rubs for numerous championship cook-off winners throughout Texas giving us the expertise to deliver you what works.
Traeger Grills SPC178 Blackened Saskatchewan Dry Rub
Looking for a delicious and easy way to season your meat? Check out Traeger Grills SPC178 Blackened Saskatchewan Dry Rub! This rub comes with a signature spice blend and a hint of garlic, perfect for adding flavor to beef, poultry, pork or veggies. Plus, it’s kosher, gluten free and GMO free – perfect for any foodie.
- Great Tasting Cooking Seasoning: Features Traeger's signature spice blend and a hint of garlic
- Compatible Meat/Proteins: The perfect BBQ rub to complement your beef, poultry, pork or veggies
- Easy Storage: Rub comes in a stackable aluminum tin container
- Kosher, gluten free, and GMO free
- Made in USA
Kosmos Q Honey Killer Bee BBQ Rub
Brisket rubs are a great way to add flavor to your meat, and the Kosmos Q Honey Killer Bee BBQ Rub is one of the best. This rub is award-winning, and it’s easy to use. It’s perfect for poultry, beef, and other meats.
- This award-winning Honey Killer Bee BBQ rub will take your cooking to the next level helping you transform poultry, and beef, into lip-smacking, delicious meat… you'll be sure to “wow” even the toughest of BBQ critics
- Our unique blend of spices is the perfect balance of honey and savory spices, delivering a mouthwatering explosion of sweet BBQ goodness, which enhances your barbeque creations for an experience your tastebuds will crave
- It’s easy to use, which helps you infinitely have a customizable knock-your-socks-off spice blend. Simply sprinkle on or rub into your meat of choice to enjoy sweet-smelling and deliciously succulent dishes
- The flavor is versatile and goes on almost anything, so with just a sprinkle, you can enhance the flavor of casseroles, potatoes, baked beans, and more! This means you can soon find yourself being asked to host all the family barbecues and tailgates
- It is tested in World Championships by World Champions, so rest assured quality is guaranteed. If it’s not good enough for us at Kosmos Q, then it’s not good enough for you
Oakridge BBQ Signature Edition Black OPS Brisket Rub
If you’re looking for the best brisket rub on the market, look no further than Oakridge BBQ Signature Edition Black OPS Brisket Rub. This unique rub has an incredibly rich and deep flavor profile, with a spicy, peppery finish that builds a serious bark. Thousands of awards later, this rub is without peer on all cuts of beef – but brisket is its sweet spot. When applied to meat, evenly coat all surfaces and allow the rub to rest on meat for 30-45 minutes prior to cooking for best results.
- Signature Edition Black OPS Brisket Rub 6oz/170g
- Packaged in a resealable packet
- 100% All Natural with NO MSG
- 100% Gluten Free.
- Made in the USA
Jack Daniel’s 01761 Beef Original Quality Rub
Jack Daniel’s 01761 Beef Original Quality Rub is a rub that adds a strong, rich flavoring to smoked brisket, tri-tips or any other beef product. This rub works great on any cut of beef and can be used for seasoning before smoking or grilling. It is gluten free with no MSG. It’s also a good rib rub.
- Developed for smoking brisket, Jack Daniel’s Beef Rub creates a coat of goodness that makes the mouth water and works great on any cut of beef
- Beef rub that adds a strong, rich flavoring to smoked brisket, tri-tips, or any other beef product
- Best used to season cuts of meat before smoking or grilling
- Gluten Free
- No MSG
How To Choose The Best Brisket Rub for Your Barbecue
There are a few considerations when choosing a good brisket rub. Here’s the primary ones to think about.
The price will obviously be a primary consideration for many people. Not everyone has unlimited funds to spend on barbecue seasonings, so think about what you are willing to spend before buying – especially when you can really make your own simple rubs.
Of course, the taste of your brisket rub is extremely important and should be given a considerable amount of thought before you make a purchase. Remember that the flavor will not only enhance your meat, but also any sides that you serve with it. Also, consider how well the spices mix together when applied to your meat. Brisket rubs usually go for a more charred / carmelized direction. Coffee and sugar are usually more present than hot & spiciness. Make sure you’re clear on what you’re looking for since pre-packaged rubs usually go for an extreme to compete with homemade rubs.
The quantity of the barbeque seasoning is also something to think about. Generally, you will want a blend that covers most of your brisket so there is minimal need for reapplication. This will save time and effort during the process. But also think about how frequently you are going to make brisket since the rub will lose flavor in storage no matter how well the packing is made.
FAQs about Brisket Rub
Here are some frequently asked questions about brisket seasonings & rubs.
What is a brisket rub?
A brisket rub is a spice mix used to season the outside of beef brisket. Rubs are typically mixed up ahead of time and stored in an airtight container for later use. Brisket rub recipes generally include table salt, sugar, cayenne pepper, garlic and onion powder to give the meat a bright color and tasty flavor before and during cooking. You can also add other spices like coriander seed, chili pepper, paprika, or black pepper if you want more zesty flavors.
How do you make brisket rub?
Most brisket rub recipes include a combination of salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika. A basic brisket is really not difficult – don’t overthink it. Try your own by mixing equal proportions of the basics (salt, pepper, garlic powder) in a bowl. Adjust & add in interesting flavors based on results. Meathead has a good starter brisket rub recipe to experiment with.
How do you apply rub to a brisket?
It is important to use a dry rub on your brisket. Rub the dry rub onto the entire surface of the defrosted brisket generously before you place it into your smoker or oven.
What is the creative process behind brisket rub?
Think in terms of contrasts, carmelization, and penetration. Add new ingredients based on how they contrast with each other. Brown sugar will help form a carmelized crust while salt will bring out moisture and penetrate the meat.
Do you put the rub on all sides of the brisket?
Yes, you want to make sure the rub is equally distributed and on all sides of your brisket.
How long should dry rub be on a brisket?
When cooking any cut of brisket, rub the meat with the dry rub at least 2 hours before cooking. You can also pre-season them by rubbing them with salt, pepper and other spices at least 4 hours before you cook it. It will help to create a marinade effect that tenderizes the meat.
We hope you’ve enjoyed this article on the 10+ best brisket rubs to buy. We’re confident that with our guidance, you will be able to find a product that suits your needs and desires. Happy smoking! Make sure you have a good wood for smoking and can buy a good cut of brisket and know the process.