This guide will help narrow down the best George Foreman type grill within your budget that fits your needs.
Based on our own staff’s experience, in-depth research in premium trade subscriptions, and crunching publicly available user reviews, we’ve curated the thousands of George Foreman style grills on the market for a few that fit each typical use.
Whether you are looking for regular indoor grilling or quick lunch burgers or paninis on the balcony, the right electric indoor grill is must-have kitchen appliance.
Here are the details for all the best options.
Dash Mini Maker Portable Grill Machine
If you’re in the market for a George Foreman type grill, the Dash Mini Maker Portable Grill Machine is a great option. It’s lightweight and compact, making it perfect for small kitchens or traveling. It also heats up quickly, so you can get started on your grilling right away. The dual non-stick surfaces provide even cooking results, and it comes with a recipe book and access to a recipe database. Plus, it’s backed by a 1-year manufacturer warranty.
- MORE THAN BURGERS: Make individual servings for burgers, paninis, grilled cheese, even toasted breakfast sandwiches or grilled fruit, without the need for multiple pots/pans with this griddle. Great for kids or on the go.
- COMPACT plus LIGHTWEIGHT: Weighing 1lb plus, this is a MUST-HAVE for that first apartment, smaller kitchen, college dorm life, or camper/RV traveling
- QUICK plus EASY: Simply plug it in and go; it heats up in mere minutes The dual non-stick surfaces provide an even cook for consistent results, each and every time
- PERFECT GIFT: The perfect wedding or new home gift Its small size takes up little counter space, and its sleek design and trendy color options will match any kitchen décor (add to your registry now.)
- INCLUDES: Backed by a 1-year manufacturer warranty, the 350 watt Dash Mini Grill maker has a 4 inch cook surface, includes recipe book, and recipe database access (all non-electric parts are easily wiped clean)
Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Grill
Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Grill is a great option for those who want to grill indoors. The large cooking surface can accommodate up to 6 servings at once, and the nonstick plates are easy to clean. The fat drips away from food as it cooks, making it a healthier option. The preheat light lets you know when the grill is ready, and the indicator lights let you know when the power is on and when the grill has reached the proper temperature. This indoor electric grill is easy to assemble and offers an affordable option.
- Large Size: Family sized 90 square inch surface can grill up to 6 servings at once whether it's hamburgers, hotdogs, or chicken kabobs. Also great for Keto and Paleo diets.
- Grills Meals in 10 Minutes or Less: Great for a Quick Meal and Fats Drain Into Removable Drip Tray
- Easy to Clean: the Nonstick Plates Easily Wipes Clean and the Drip Tray Removes for Easy, Dishwasher Safe Cleaning.
- Low-Fat Grilling: Fat Drips Away From Food as It Cooks
- Power and Preheat Lights: Let You Know Exactly When to Add Your Food to the Cooking Surface for Best Results
George Foreman 5-Serving Removable Plate Grill
George Foreman 5-Serving Removable Plate Grill offers a range of features that make it the perfect grill for your kitchen.
The removable plates are dishwasher safe and there’s even a fat-removing slope to help you prepare leaner meals. The top and bottom grill plates can be removed, and there is also a drip tray which collects excess grease so you don’t have to worry about cleaning up!
This George Foreman Grill will last you for years with its ceramic coating that resists scratches, stains, and fading. It has an easy grip handle on the front, making it easier than ever before to get your dishes done faster.
George Foreman 5-Serving Grill with Removable Grill Plate is the perfect grill for couples, families, or anyone who enjoys grilling their own food. Whether you’re serving up burgers or veggies (or veggie burgers), this grill can cook it all!
- Removable Plates - Easy cleanup is essential, and that’s what the removable grill plates are all about. Pop them in the dishwasher after grilling and they’ll be ready to go for your next meal
- Premium Ceramic Coating - Time for an upgrade! Ceramic is the key to our improved nonstick coating. It’s 5x more durable, stain- and fade-resistant.
- Fat-Removing Slope - It’s the sure sign of a George Foreman Grill. The sloped grilling surface helps remove up to 42% of fat from meats for lean, tasty meals. Removable Grill Plates - The top and bottom grill plates are completely removable, and cool-touch plastic grips make them easy to handle
- Drip Tray - The dishwasher-safe drip tray collects excess fat and grease so you don’t have to. How nice is that
- Drip Tray - The dishwasher-safe drip tray collects excess fat and grease so you don’t have to. How nice is that?
Ninja AG301 Foodi 5-in-1 Indoor Grill
The Ninja Foodi 5-in-1 Indoor Grill is the perfect choice for anyone looking for an all-in-one grilling solution. This grill uses cyclonic air to cook your food evenly and provides outdoor grill flavor right on your countertop. The included crisper basket also means that you can air fry your food with up to 75% less fat. The dishwasher-safe grill grate, crisper basket, and cooking pot make it easy to keep this grill’s cooking space clean.
This grill allows you to sear, sizzle, and crisp all in one appliance. It uses cyclonic air that circulates around your food for even cooking. The adjustable temperature control settings allow you to grill your food the way you want so whether you are looking for seared steak or char-grilled vegetables, this indoor grilling machine has got you covered.
The nonstick coating on the grill grate and crisper basket make it easy to cook your food without worrying about using extra fats and oils. The grill can be used with the included 4-qt. crisper basket for air frying or without it as a standard indoor grilling machine. It also comes with an air frying cookbook and cleaning brush.
- THE ORIGINAL NINJA FOODI GRILL: The grill that sears, sizzles, and air fry crisps. Indoor grill and air fryer.
- CYCLONIC GRILLING TECHNOLOGY: Uses 500°F cyclonic air to perfectly cook or char grill your food to your desired doneness on the grill grate for delicious, char-grilled marks and flavors.
- OUTDOOR GRILLING POWER ON YOUR COUNTERTOP: With the BTU cooking power of an outdoor grill, it brings outdoor grill flavors conveniently to your countertop any day of the year.
- FORGET ABOUT DEFROSTING: Transform foods from frozen to perfectly char grilled in under 25 minutes.
- UP TO 75% LESS FAT: Air fry crisp with up to 75% less fat than deep frying (tested against hand-cut, deep-fried French fries), using the included 4-qt crisper basket.
How To Choose The Best George Foreman Type Grill
George Foreman type grills are a great option for indoor grilling. There aren’t many kitchen gadgets that truly changed how people cooked. I remember when the grill rolled out and when my parents bought one. It sounds a little ridiculous, but as a middle schooler, I was pretty pumped that I could take charge of my own meals without messing with the oven. It was great.
From a technical perspective, it’s a pretty simple device. But there are a few things to think about before pulling the trigger.
Size is an important consideration.
If you don’t want to run out of food every time you cook, keep this in mind. If your grill is too small, you’ll have to cut down on the portions. That said, also think about your storage space and where it’ll fit in your kitchen.
Consider what type of food you’ll be cooking.
If you plan on frequently cooking burgers, make sure there’s enough real estate for several patties. You can find great options in any size or shape, but pay attention to the cooking area. There are also all-purpose grills that do a decent job of meeting your needs.
The best George Foreman type grill will have a non-stick surface. This is important, as you’ll want to be able to clean up after cooking and not worry about scrubbing residue off the grill itself. There are a few options with exposed surfaces, but those take significantly more time to clean. Many models come with removable plates that make dealing with cheesy foods quicker.
Price is also an important consideration.
Grills aren’t the cheapest cooking appliances out there, but they’re a lot more accessible than an outdoor grill. Take your time to think about what you need from a George Foreman type grill and how much you can afford. You’ll find great options in all sorts of price ranges, so don’t be afraid to shop around.
Make sure to read recent 3 Star reviews
Although the models listed are all well-designed and highly rated, they are manufactured all over the world. Sometimes quality control can lapse. Reading through 3 star reviews can help you learn how to avoid any common issues (without wading through crazy 1 star reviews or fawning 5 star reviews). Fortunately, none of these models seem to be having major problems.
Decide which features are most important to you.
Most of these models are pretty similar, but not all the same. Make sure you pay attention to what’s important to you. Once you do that, it’ll be easy to identify the model that best fits your needs and budget.
If you are looking to use your oven less or are looking to experiment with more foods, spending a bit more for a multi-appliance might be worthwhile.
FAQs about George Foreman Type Grills
Here are some frequently asked questions about George Foreman Type Grills.
What makes George Foreman grills so special?
George Foreman grills were the first electric indoor grills with specific features that solved safety & health issues with previous designs. The sloped grill, non-stick surface, and even heating made the entire category popular, which has driven even more innovation and sales across different companies.
What is a George Foreman grill used for?
A George Foreman grill is a type of indoor grill that cooks food using direct heat. The sloped design of the grill helps fat and grease drain away from the food, which minimizes the risk of flare-ups and makes it easier to clean. George Foreman grills are typically used for cooking burgers, chicken, steaks, and other cuts of meat. They can also be used for vegetables, sandwiches, and other foods.
Can you get a George Foreman grill wet?
No, you should never get a George Foreman grill wet. The water will cause the electric grill to short out and could start a fire. If the grill is accidentally wet, unplug it and allow it to dry completely before using again. That said, it is well-designed to prevent safety issues. Treat it like any other electric device. Don’t be dumb, but also don’t be paranoid.
Why is this grill called George Foreman?
Michael W. Boehm is the inventor of the George Foreman Grill. He developed it in the early 1990s and released it to the public in 1994. The original design was a counter-top grill that used removable plates to cook food. George Foreman was recruited as the namesake & pitchman for marketing purposes. Since then, Salton Appliances has released several different models, including portable grills, all-in-one grills, and mini grills.
Why have George Foreman grills gained such popularity?
George Foreman grills have gained such popularity because they are a type of indoor grill that cooks food using direct heat. The sloped design, removable drip tray & non stick coating of the cooking plate helps fat and grease drain away from the food, which minimizes the risk of flare-ups and makes for easy cleanup. They are simple, affordable, and versatile (similar to countertop hot plates). George Foreman grills are typically used for cooking everything from burgers, chicken, steaks, and other cuts of meat. They can also be used for vegetables, sandwiches, and other foods. They aren’t a culinary revolution, but they are convenient, which in a hurried world, makes them a winner.
Do George Foreman grills have removable plates?
Yes, many (but not all) George Foreman grills have removable plates. The removable plates make it easy to clean the grill and they can also be washed in the dishwasher. Be sure to note that feature in your research.
Best George Foreman Type Grill – Next Steps
If you’re looking for an electric grill that can offer the many the same results as a small gas grill or mini charcoal grill, there are plenty of options to choose from. Ever since 1994, the George Foreman grill has driven lots of innovation in the electric grills category. Find the features & price you’re looking for and cook away on the best electric grill for you!