This guide will help narrow down the best air fryers for your kitchen – whether you are cooking for one, two, or a large family – so within your budget that fits your needs.
Based on our own staff’s experience, in-depth research in premium trade subscriptions, and crunching publicly available user reviews, we’ve curated the thousands of air fryer options on the market for a few that fit each typical use. Read about Air Fryers, Explained here.
Whether you are looking to reduce cooking time for a family meal, or a more fried food enjoyment without the grease, or a versatile, space-saving appliance, here are the best air fryers for every family and budget.
Here are the details for all the best air frying options.
Best Budget – Farberware 3.2-Quart Oil-Less Multi-Functional Fryer
The Farberware 3.2-Quart Oil-Less Multi-Functional Fryer is the perfect choice for someone on a tighter budget & looking for a no-fuss, dependable air fryer.
It’s easy to use, has a basket that can fit up to 2 lbs of food, and is dishwasher safe. This fryer uses rapid hot air technology which means there is no need for oil in your cooking! It also comes with an air fryer recipes book filled with 25 different recipes so you’ll never run out of ideas when it comes to cooking in this kitchen wonder.
- Brand New in box. The product ships with all relevant accessories
Best Value – GoWISE USA GW22966 Fryer
The GoWISE USA GW22966 Fryer is a great air fryer for smaller families. It has a single basket and crisper tray that gives you 5 quarts of cooking space, which is perfect for feeding a 1-2 person household.
It also has an extra-large design with 8 cooking function options, a full touchscreen menu, and a wide temperature range. The cooking possibilities with this air fryer are endless, and it’s even designed with a built-in dehydrate function. Plus, the removable pan and crisper tray are coated with PFOA-free non-stick material for easy cleanup.
- Compared with a 5-quart air fryer basket or smaller, GoWISE USA’s newest air fryer comes with an extra-large cooking capacity. The single basket and crisper tray give you 7 quarts of cooking space, the perfect size for feeding; The whole family or to whip up some snacks for a party. Easily cook a whole chicken or 4-5 burgers with a touch of a button without heating up the house.
- Searching for a gift. This air fryer is the perfect gift under the tree for everyone. Get this multifunctional air fryer for the moms on the go, dads who love to cook, grandparents or anyone who wants to be healthier. This air fryer allows you to cook your favorite fried foods with little to no oil and without the mess that comes with deep frying.
- Air fry, grill, and more: This extra-large air fryer is designed with 8 cooking functions, so you can save time and space. Air fry, roast, broil, dehydrate, grill, bake, reheat, or keep warm all in 1 appliance. The large control panel features a full touchscreen menu to make it easy to select a function, set a time and temp, and start cooking with a touch of a button.
- The cooking possibilities are endless with an extended cooking timer up to 60 minutes and a wide temperature range from 180°f to 400°f. The air fryer gives you more control by allowing you to set the temperature in increments of 5.
- Use your air fryer as a dehydrator tool. The built-in dehydrate function is designed with a temperature range from 90°f to 170°F and a timer from 2-24 hours. The air fryer comes with 3 stackable racks that enables you to prepare more servings of dried fruits, veggies, beef jerky, and your own dried herbs.
Best Upgrade – NUWAVE BRIO 7.25-Quart Digital Air Fryer
The NuWave Brio is the top-rated air fryer for good reason. It has a vast temperature range, between 50°F and 400°F, and uses super-heated air and a specially designed cooking chamber that facilitates airflow to quickly and evenly cook all your favorite fried foods to tender, juicy perfection using little to no oil (especially compared to deep frying).
The Brio has a range of cooking options to make the most of your counter space. It can Air Fry, Broil, Roast, Grill, Bake, and Dehydrate. The Brio also has a digital temperature probe which means there’s no need for a separate temperature probe. Insert the probe into your food and set the desired cooking temperature then touch and go!
The NuWave Brio has many helpful preprogrammed recipes to choose from thanks to their team of professional chefs for easy setup and use.
- MAKE ADJUSTMENTS ON-THE-FLY – Want hotter temperature or need to cook it longer? No problem. Simply adjust on-the-fly. Starting the cooking process over is not necessary. Brio’s intuitive digital controls are easy to operate, and the response is immediate. Brio’s cool white display is easy-to-read in any light or no light.
- HEALTHY FRIED FOOD & EASY CLEANUP - Brio uses super-heated air and an efficient air-flow design to cook crispy delicious fried foods without the guilt. No more messy oil, added fats, or calories. Brio allows you to air fry all your favorites - even from frozen, without defrosting. The ultra-non-stick air circulation riser is great for grilling and air frying. The premium stainless steel reversible rack allows for multi-layer cooking. All are dishwasher safe, and the cleanup is a breeze.
- 100 PRE-PROGRAMMED MENU PRESETS AND CONVENIENCES BUILT-IN – Brio is programmed with 100 pre-programmed menu presets for grilling, air frying, baking, broiling, roasting, dehydrating, reheating, defrosting, toasting and more. It also has additional 50 memory slots where you can save and recall your own favorite recipes. It’s the perfect combination of capacity and versatility. Perfect for busy households on-the-go!
- LINEAR THERMAL (LINEAR T) TECHNOLOGY – Fine tune your own temperature settings from 50°F to 400°F in precise 5°F increments. Patented Linear T Technology executes the set temperature accurately throughout the entire cooking process by continuously monitoring temperature fluctuations and making constant power adjustments every second to maintain the set temperature to ensure perfect results. Unlike the primitive methods of turning the heater on and off, our heater never turns off while cooking.
- CHEF INSPIRED FEATURES, FUNCTIONS & RECIPES – Every feature and function of NUWAVE cooking products are created and rigorously tested by highly trained NUWAVE chefs and RD team. We obsessed over every detail in pursuit of best taste and performance. Get inspired and confidently create your own masterpieces. Brio is engineered to out-perform your expectations. Whether you’re cooking an appetizer, breakfast, lunch, dinner, or dessert, we have the perfect chef-inspired recipe for you!
Best Large Capacity – CHEFMAN Large Air Fryer Max XL 8 Qt
The Chefman Large Air Fryer Max XL 8 Qt has four presets that make it simple to serve French fries, chicken, meat, and fish. The digital display makes it easy to monitor cook times, and the LED shake reminder ensures evenly fried foods.
The 8-quart non-stick basket and flat frying tray are both top-rack dishwasher safe, making clean-up easier than ever. The dishwasher-safe basket allows for easy cleaning and quick storage.
With the sleek, square shape and nonstick stainless steel finish, this air fryer was designed with your kitchen counter in mind. The compact, easy-to-store build makes this the ideal fryer for families with big appetites and limited counter space.
- EASY COOKING: Cooking meals for the family has never been this easy. Four presets make it simple to serve French fries, chicken, meat, and fish at the push of a button, and adjust both the time and temperature easily with the simple touch control. The digital display makes it easy to monitor cook times and ensures evenly fried foods with the LED shake reminder.
- EASY CLEANING: The 8-quart non-stick basket and flat frying tray are both top rack dishwasher safe, making clean-up easier than ever. Never worry about messy frying ever again, achieve perfect, crispy results with none of the mess from grease.
- CRISPIER & HEALTHIER: Serve all of the delicious fried foods your family loves right at home with none of the excess oil or grease. Healthy cooking starts with air frying, and with presets for easy cooking and a temperature range from 200-400°F, the Chefman Air Fryer is your number one tool for a crispy, fried finish using at least 98% less oil than traditional fryers. Air fry vegetables, pizza, frozen foods, and even leftovers to a perfect crisp in minutes.
- ELEVATE YOUR COUNTERTOP: With the sleek, square shape and nonstick stainless steel finish, this air fryer was designed with your kitchen counter in mind. The compact, easy to store build makes this the ideal fryer for families with big appetites and limited counter space. The dishwasher safe basket allows for easy cleaning and quick storing, saving space on your counter; perfect for any small kitchen, dorm, office, RV, and more!
- RESOURCES: cETL approved with advanced safety technology for long lasting durability, & 1-year warranty provided by Chefman, so you can purchase worry-free - we've got your back! For information on how to use your product, scroll down for a PDF User Guide. 1700 Watts/120 Volts – RJ38-SQSS-8T
How To Choose The Best Air Fryer for Your Family
Here are a few considerations for finding the right air fryer for you.
Type of Air Fryer
There are two types of air fryer – basket air fryer and tray air fryer. Tray air fryers are more compact and usually offer less capacity. Basket air fryers have a larger capacity, can cook bigger pieces of food, and tend to be preferred by people who bake or roast as well as fry. The tray design allows users to monitor the food while it’s being cooked (almost like a toaster oven).
Air fryers range in price from less than $60 to over $300. For the most part, you get what you pay for. The least expensive air fryers will not cook as evenly or quickly, and will not last nearly as long. If you are looking for the best return on your investment, look for an air fryer in the mid-range of prices – under $150.
Air fryer basket capacity is only one of the factors to consider when purchasing an air fryer. You should also be concerned with how much food can fit in the basket, as well as how large the cooking area is within the basket – larger baskets are more versatile. If you have a big family or entertain often or want to cook something closed to a trussed turkey rather than cornish hen, then look for an air fryer that has a large basket capacity and cooking area.
The size of the air fryer is something to keep in mind as well, as it can often be limited by your kitchen counter space. For this reason, you should measure out where you will be placing your new appliance before purchasing one online. When considering size, also think about where the cord will go. Will you need an extension cord?
There are many features to consider before purchasing your air fryer. For example, the presence of a viewing window or built-in timer can be helpful. Also, would you like to have automatic shut-off when the time is up? Finally, the best air fryers also come with different accessories, like skewers and racks. How many accessories do you need?
Ease of Use & Cleaning
The ease of use is an important factor to consider. Will the air fryer be easy for you and your family members to use? How many parts will it need to work properly?
Ease of Cleaning
Be sure to see if the air fryer is dishwasher safe. This can make things a whole lot easier if you don’t want to hand wash all of the parts.
When considering the warranty, check to see which parts and what you need to do for it to be valid. Know whether or not there is a service contract associated with the air fryer and how long the warranty lasts before purchasing the product.
FAQs about Choosing The Best Air Fryer
Here are some frequently asked questions about Choosing The Best Air Fryer.
What are the advantages of air fryers?
The air circulates around the food, which means that anything you put into an air fryer will be evenly cooked from top to bottom. Air fryers save a lot of oil compared to a traditional deep-fryer and they also don’t require as much preheating time as a traditional convection oven either. Air fryers don’t use as much electricity as convection ovens either. They also can be healthier since they don’t soak the meat in oils & grease. They are part of a shift in kitchen technology that has been around for a while, but only recently got good enough to move from the test kitchen to consumer use (similar to the Instant Pot*).
How healthy are air fryers?
Air fryers are healthier than a regular deep fryer because they don’t use as much oil and grease. They also require less energy to operate and can even do some baking, which is a major plus. Even though air fryers make cooking easier, people should be mindful of how many calories and fat come from the food itself before completely relying on an air fryer to reduce their intake of these things.
What is an air fryer anyway?
An air fryer is a kitchen appliance that cooks by circulating hot air around the food. This means that anything you put into an air fryer will be evenly cooked from top to bottom (a huge advantage for so many foods like fried chicken).
How does an air fryer work?
An air fryer works by circulating hot air around the food. Unlike your regular oven or cooktop stove, this tiny kitchen device can also bake and reheat food in less time, making it a convenient option for simple suppers.
Best Air Fryers – Next Steps
Air fryers are a great way to make healthier fried foods without all the grease and fat. They use hot air instead of oil, which means you can enjoy french fries, chicken nuggets, chicken wings, onion rings, fried brussels sprouts and more guilt-free! Happy cooking!