This guide will help narrow down the best vacuum sealer bags for your kitchen within your budget that fits your needs & your vacuum sealer.
Based on our own staff’s experience, in-depth research in premium trade subscriptions, and crunching publicly available user reviews, we’ve curated the thousands of vacuum sealer bag options on the market for a few that fit each typical use.
Whether you are looking for food preservation, marinating and slow cooking, or sous-vide cooking, the right vacuum sealer bag is a must-have for even the best vacuum sealer.
Here are the details on each of the vacuum sealer brands.
Wevac 8” x 12” 200 Count Food Vacuum Sealer Bags
Wevac 8” x 12” 200 Count Food Vacuum Sealer Bags are a great option for those looking for quality vacuum sealer bags. These bags are heavy duty and puncture prevention, with embossed channels to increase suction. They also come with a cutter box for cutting and storage. These bags are great for food preservation. The brand also comes in rolls for vacuum sealers with automatic cutting.
- HEAVY DUTY AND PUNCTURE PREVENTION - 200 pack of 8 by 12 inch precut bags with embossed channels to increase suction, with a cutter box for cutting and storage, keep fresh without freezer burn or dehydration
- INCREASE STORAGE TIME FOR NUTRITION AND FLAVOR - 3-6 times longer food shelf life, lock freshness, flavor and nutrition inside
- TIDY, HYGIENIC and EASY to USE – The keeper/box will keep the vacuum bags clean and tidy from beginning to end. You take some bags from the box each time you use them and close the lid when you finish.
- WORKS WITH ALL VACUUM SEALERS - work with all suction vac heat sealer, such as Food Saver, Seal a meal, Weston, Cabela’s, Ziploc etc.
- BPA FREE - Perfect for food storage, freeze dried meal, sous vide, gardening, tea leaves, documents and electronics
Avid Armor Vacuum Sealer Bags Quart Size 200 Bulk Pack 8″ x 12″
The Avid Armor Vacuum Sealer Bags Quart Size 200 Bulk Pack 8″ x 12″ are great for people who want to reduce waste and save money.
The vacuum sealer bags are made of food-grade polyethylene that is free from harmful chemicals, making them safe for storing food in the fridge or freezer. The one-way valve prevents air from getting back into the bag which reduces spoilage and helps keep your foods fresher longer.
These reusable bags can be used with any suction-type vacuum sealer machine or as a sous vide bag. They also come in an economical bulk pack of 200 so you don’t have to worry about running out!
- QUART SIZE 8x12 INCH VACUUM SEAL BAGS - Works with Foodsaver, Seal a Meal and other food sealer vacuum sealer machines. Top quality vacuum seal bags for food, sous vide bag and freezer bags.
- INCREASE STORAGE TIME, SAVES MONEY - Increase food life 3 to 5 times longer. Lock in freshness, flavor and nutrients. Eliminate dehydration and freezer burn. Bulk 200 Count Pack saves you money!
- SAFE FOOD BAGS - BPA Free vacuum sealing bags for food storage, meal prep fresh or frozen. For use in microwave, freezer and as low temperature sous vide bags.
- POPULAR VACUUM SEALER BAGS FOR FOOD - Top rated, strong performing food saver bags for many types of foods, dried or fresh meats, vegetables and valuable collectibles.
- PRO QUALITY FOOD SAVER BAGS QUART SIZE - 3 mil top panel, 4 mil embossed back panel for maximum protection and positive seals. Universal design works with most food sealer vacuum sealers.
FoodSaver 1-Quart Precut Vacuum Seal Bags
FoodSaver 1-Quart Precut Vacuum Seal Bags are a great option for those looking for convenience & a name brand. These vacuum sealer bags are precut, so you can easily portion food from bulk shopping or leftovers.
The bags are also freezer, refrigerator, microwave, and boil safe. FoodSaver has a long reputation as a premium vacuum sealer brand, and these bags do not disappoint. They are safe for storing raw and cooked foods as well as being BPA-free material.
- FRESHNESS THAT LASTS FOR WEEKS, NOT DAYS: BPA-free multilayer design is constructed of durable yet pliable material that creates an airtight barrier around foods, extending freshness and locking in flavors
- PRECUT BAGS OFFER MAXIMUM CONVENIENCE: Quickly and easily portion food from bulk shopping or when storing leftovers. Just add food to the bag, insert the open end in a FoodSaver vacuum sealer, and the machine takes care of the rest
- IDEAL FOR USE WITH FOODSAVER VACUUM SEALING SYSTEMS: The sealing strip in FoodSaver vacuum sealers heats to a precise temperature that works specifically with FoodSaver bag material, ensuring you get a secure airtight seal
- BPA-FREE MATERIAL: Safe for storing raw and cooked foods, it's also freezer, refrigerator, microwave, and boil safe
How To Choose The Best Vacuum Sealer Bags for Every Kitchen
Here are a few considerations for shopping for vacuum sealer bags.
Rolls vs. Pre-Cut Bags
There are two options for buying your vacuum sealer bags. You can either buy a roll of pre-cut bags or you can buy a pack that has both the rolls and the pre-cut bags. Which one is better? It depends on your needs.
If you have enough counter space to accommodate large rolls of bag material, the rolls would probably be a better choice. If you have a small kitchen or lack storage space, the pre-cut bags might work better for you.
Vacuum sealer bags are available in different price ranges. It’s best to compare prices online since you will have the most options this way. Another thing to keep in mind is that being expensive does not always mean better!
Type Of Bags
Some vacuum sealers come with their brand of bags so you don’t need to buy anything extra. Some even come with a starter kit that includes several rolls of bag material. However, some brands don’t offer their brand of bags – you will have to shop around for the best option.
The most important factor, no doubt. When shopping for vacuum sealer bags, check that it’s made of durable material – the last thing you want is for your bag to rip while you’re trying to seal something!
Size & Capacity
It’s important to get bags that are the correct size for your vacuum sealer. Bags come in a variety of sizes – they can be either short and wide or long and narrow. Make sure you double-check the measurements before purchasing.
Some vacuum sealers come with certain types of bags, while others are compatible with different types. It’s best to check the packaging to be sure. If you have a manual vacuum sealer, then pre-cut bags would probably work better for you because they are already cut in the right shape. However, if you have an automatic one, you could save money by buying rolls.
Finally, when you are done sealing your items in the bag, make sure you cut off the excess plastic so it doesn’t hang out the top. As the vacuum sucks the air out of the bag, this excess piece can become caught in either your machine or on itself and cause damage.
Next Steps for Using Vacuum Sealer Bags
There are a lot of different considerations when shopping for vacuum sealer bags. The best way to make sure you get the right one is by comparing prices online and reading reviews from verified customers.