Sandwich presses are a great way to make sandwiches at home. They’re even better for making grilled cheese, panini, and other types of pressed sandwich! But not all sandwich presses are created equal.
There are many different choices in the market and it’s important to know what you’re looking for before you buy one.
That’s why we’ve compiled this list of 3 of the best sandwich press / best panini press choices on the market today so that you can find the perfect one for your kitchen needs.
Here’s more details on each of our choices for different situations.
Cuisinart WM-SW2N1 Grill Sandwich Maker
The Cuisinart WM-SW2N1 Grill Sandwich Maker is a two-in-one sandwich maker and omelet press, perfect for the hurried cook.
This grill sandwich maker can make up to two sandwiches or one large serving of French toast at a time. It has raised ridges that seal the edges of bread or other ingredients in cooking plates, as well as updated plate design to reduce overflow problems. The nonstick baking plates are dishwasher safe and easy to clean with just soap and water.
The lock down lid positions food on plates so it can be evenly browned from both sides, making this an excellent pick for any home chef who loves breakfast foods!
- Cooks 2 sandwiches, omelets or servings of French toast
- Lock-down lid positions with food on plates to evenly brown both sides
- Ready-to-Cook and Ready-to-Eat indicator lights
- Raised ridges in cooking plates seal edges of bread or omelets to keep ingredients inside and divide sandwiches and updated plate design to reduce overflow
- Nonstick baking plates wipe clean in seconds and includes cord storage
Hamilton Beach Electric Panini Press Grill with Locking Lid
Hamilton Beach Electric Panini Press Grill with Locking Lid is perfect for anyone who wants perfectly pressed paninis or other types of sandwiches in their own home.
This breakfast maker features a cafe-style floating lid that evenly presses any size sandwich without flipping, so no matter how thick your bread is, you’ll have warm crispy results every time.
The nonstick top and bottom grids heat up quickly for even cooking on the inside and out, and the sandwiches are ready in just 5 minutes.
You can also use this breakfast sandwich maker to warm up personal pizzas or open-face sandwiches, so it’s an all-around great kitchen appliance for your morning meal routine.
This hot sandwich press features a lock top lid that allows you to warm personal pizzas or open-face sandwiches, and the built-in ready light will turn green when the press is ready to cook your sandwich.
With just four easy steps, this breakfast maker is perfect for anyone who wants a quick, healthy meal on the go. The dual breakfast sandwich maker is great for feeding a crowd or if you’re extra hungry, and it’s also perfect for kids.
The Hamilton Beach Electric Panini Press Grill with Locking Lid is a great option for anyone who wants an all-in-one electric sandwich press.
- Product 1: GREAT FOR PANINIS AND MORE: Use this Panini press to try savory sandwiches, quesadillas, and sweet fruit turnovers Use the lock top lid to warm personal pizzas or open-face sandwiches
- Product 1: FLOATING LID: This hot sandwich maker features a cafe-style floating lid that evenly presses any size sandwich
- Product 1: NO NEED TO FLIP: Nonstick top and bottom Panini press grids heat and brown the sandwich, giving you warm, crisp results
- Product 1: GREEN MEANS GO: For best results, preheat sandwich maker 6 minutes before use Built-in ready light will turn green when the press is ready to cook your sandwich
- Product 2: Quick and easy: With 4 easy steps, this breakfast sandwich maker cooks your custom sandwich in just 5 minutes. Perfect for brunch or a quick, healthy meal on the go.
New House Kitchen Stainless Steel Non-Stick Panini Press Grill & Gourmet Sandwich Maker
The New House Kitchen Stainless Steel Non-Stick Panini Press Grill & Gourmet Sandwich Maker is a grill and sandwich maker in one. The hinge design adjusts so you can use it as a 180° grill or panini press or with just the push of a button.
Quick, tasty meals are easy to whip up thanks to the size, versatility and easy-to-follow lights on the surface! It comes with modern black and stainless steel finish that fits right into kitchens of any style.
Skid resistant feet ensure this grill stays put while non-stick plates help grease drain off for easier clean up. You can remove the drip tray for easy cleaning when done cooking!
- GRILL & PRESS: With the New House Kitchen and Panini Press Grill and Gourmet Sandwich Maker you get two appliances in one. The hinge design adjusts so you can use it as a 180° grill or panini press or with just the push of a button.
- QUICK: Quick and tasty meals are so easy to whip up thanks to the grill’s surface size, versatility and easy-to-follow lights. Perfect for making a quick snack, sandwiches for lunch, or grilling up dinner.
- MODERN STYLE: With this grill and sandwich maker out on your counter, compliments will roll in just as much as cravings! Its modern black and stainless-steel finish fits right into kitchens of all styles and sizes.
- EASY CLEAN-UP: Skid resistant feet ensure this grill and sandwich makers stays put. Non-stick plates and a sloped design ensure grease drains to the back for easy clean-up. Simply remove the drip tray and wash.
- PURCHASE WORRY FREE: For your convenience, a 1 year hassle-free warranty is provided by New House Kitchen.
Breville BSG600BSS Panini Press
The Breville BSG600BSS Panini Press is a high-end sandwich maker that many people love. It’s perfect for paninis, croissants and breakfast sandwiches, toasted wraps, quesadillas, open melts and more.
The height control clip has 3 positions so you can choose how much pressure you want to use when pressing your food down. This press also features 2 slice capacity with an easy-to-clean PFOA nonstick surface. If you are looking for a great quality product without the hefty price tag – this is it!
- Innovative Crush Control hinge design ensures there is just enough weight to deliver a toasted crisp outside without crushing the inside, resulting in a crisp, fluffy sandwich
- Ideal for paninis, croissant and breakfast sandwiches, toasted wraps, quesadillas, and open melts
- Adjustable Height Control Clip with Crush Control and open melt positions
- Flat cast-aluminum plates with premium PFOA nonstick finish for easy cleaning
- 2 Slice Capacity
How To Choose The Best Sandwich Press for You
There are a lot of sandwich presses out on the market, especially on online marketplaces like Amazon. Even though they are relatively simple machines, there are plenty of poorly designed & poorly manufactured sandwich presses out there.
Here’s a few tips to search out the best sandwich press for your kitchen.
The durability of a sandwich press is an essential consideration when buying one. A well-built sandwich press will last for years and can be passed down to your children. If you buy a cheaply made sandwich press, it won’t be long before it starts to break down or wears out.
Some people only have the budget for a cheaper sandwich press. But keep in mind, they are often poorly designed and can’t stand up to commercial kitchen use. A cheap sandwich press will wear out quickly and need replacing soon after purchase.
The size of your workload should be another factor to consider when determining what type of machine is best for you. Some cook only occasionally while others do all the daily cooking. If you work from home, think of a good sandwich press as an investment in a cheap, daily lunch.
Easy to clean
A well-designed sandwich press will be easy to clean, perhaps even dishwasher-safe. This is often an underrated benefit of purchasing a sandwich press. If the manufacturer has made it difficult for you to clean, you won’t use it as often and may even give up on cooking with one altogether!
Number of Sandwich Platters
Some sandwich presses just have one sandwich plate, while others come with 2 or 3. This can be important for people who like to make multiple sandwiches at the same time.
Powerful Heating Elements
Have you ever left something cooking in the oven too long and heard it start to smoke? This can happen when the heating elements aren’t good quality. Not only is it a hazard for your health, but it’ll ruin your food and you’ll have to start all over again.
Good sandwich presses have powerful heating elements that evenly distribute heat across the sandwich plates. This ensures even cooking and prevents hot spots from burning your sandwiches. How quickly does your desired sandwich press heat up?
Some sandwich presses can also be used to grill vegetables, chicken, or steak. If you’re looking for a multipurpose machine, make sure to check the product description to see if the desired sandwich press has other cooking abilities.
Brand Reputation Over Time
It’s important to do your research and read customer reviews over a period of time before buying a sandwich press, especially if you’re investing a significant amount of money. A reputable brand will have a long history of satisfied customers (and it will be harder to fake reviews over a longer period of time).
FAQs about Sandwich Presses
Here are some frequently asked questions about Sandwich Presses
How do you clean a sandwich press?
To clean your sandwich press, you’ll want first, follow the manufacturer’s instructions, and make sure all removable parts are taken off. With a rag or soft brush, scrub the outside of the press where the nonstick lining is over top of the metal surface. You can also use some dish soap on this part to help get it cleaner faster. Some models include a removable plate or a removable drip tray for thorough cleaning. Be sure to also look for a non stick coating on the cooking surface to prevent tough sticking from your grilled sandwich.
Who should invest in a sandwich press grill?
If you enjoy cooking and love to grill, having a sandwich press in your arsenal of kitchen tools is a great idea. These presses can cook anything from sandwich meats and cheeses to sandwiches made with vegetables and fruits. If you work from home, but still crave a good lunch, a sandwich press is a great addition to your kitchen.
What else can you make in a sandwich press grill?
How hot does a sandwich press get?
A sandwich press does not get as hot as a grilling grill, but it can reach temperatures of 530 degrees Fahrenheit, though it depends on the heating element. Some sandwich toasters include basic temperature control.
Should I get smooth or grooved cooking plates?
Smooth plates are easier to clean than grooved ones, and they may also be better for the health of your food…even though a grooved or waffle plate leaves those delicious grill marks. There is some controversy over whether smooth plates are healthier because there is less surface area for your food to come into contact with. Grooves in the panini grill allow most of the fats to drain off the sandwich before it’s cooked so that all you’re left with is a juicy, healthy sandwich. So this choice comes down to personal preference–although you might want to consider how easy each one would be for cleaning before making your decision!
You deserve the best sandwich maker for your kitchen and we hope that this article has helped you in making a decision. Press on and enjoy your toasted sandwich for lunch! You may also be interested in George Foreman type grills, which are a bit better for burgers and can also do sandwiches in addition to a good countertop hot plate to completely replace a traditional oven / stove.